Chapter 47 - Totally Smitten

S I E N N A

"Ms. Ramos, how are you doing?" Blade greeted her with a grin, stretching forth his hand which she gladly took for a curt but friendly handshake. Blade had already made peace with her when he found out she wasn't the one that shot him at Benjamin's charity event years ago. After the apologies from both sides, their friendship blossomed even though they don't see or talk on daily basis.

Since then, she hasn't tried to make a move on him or anything sexually related. I was grateful for that. It still doesn't stop me from feeling terrible for how I reacted when she kissed Blade.

As I stared into her brown eyes, guilt wrapped around my heart like a fist and death gripped it in a way that made air to vanish away from lungs. I never held a grudge against her. I guess I was just upset that she tried to take advantage of their friendship and kiss him when she knew he was a married man.

Chasing after someone that doesn't love you back is heart wrenching. It gives you a prickly feeling– rather like hugging a cactus. The tighter you hold, the more it hurts. I understand the reference but not to the very depth.  Maybe it's because I haven't been in a situation like that before.

I couldn't even imagine Blade not reciprocating the feelings I have for him. The thought of it alone would make my heart to stop beating and suck all the oxygen from my lungs.

But, to act on those feelings when she knew he was taken just showed how desperate she was. It's just messed up. No woman would take that shit.

However, I'm just happy that she's finally with the man that loves her unconditionally and treats her like the way she deserves to be treated; like a queen. That man happened to be Julius Ramos. He's the American mafia underboss and an influential lawyer.

Blade told me sometime ago that Aaliyah and Julius met when she started pursuing a career as a lawyer. Julius owned a well known law firm in New York city. He recommended her to a good law school and offered her a job at his firm. Along the way, they fell in love and got married a year ago with a child.

"I'm doing fine, Blade. Between the child stress, being a wife and working nonstop to attain higher heights in my career is something I wouldn't trade for the world, no matter how exhausted I feel at the end of the day." She disclosed with a chuckle, tucking a braid behind her ear as she finally made eye contact with me, her lips pulling into a smile. "Sienna! It's so nice to see you again. I hope you aren't still upset with me. Every passing day, I can't seem to stop myself from thinking about what I did to you all those years ago. I feel like an awful person."

My ribs tightened. I swallowed hard through the boulder lodged in my throat and turned to stare at Blade. "Can you please give us a minute?"

His eyes darted from me to Aaliyah, contemplating whether it will be a good idea to leave us alone. Then he sighed and placed a kiss on my forehead that sent tingles all the way down to my toes. "I'll just head back to watch the game."

He flashed Aaliyah one last smile and walked away towards the crowded gymnasium. Once he was out of sight, I diverted my attention back to her. "You're not an awful person, Leeyah. One mistake that has been committed more than seven years now doesn't make you a terrible person. Feeling genuinely remorseful about your action just shows how much you care. I'm so sorry for the way I reacted. I should ha––"

"Don't say such things, Sienna." She cut me off with a frown, stuffing both of her hands in the pocket of her white hoodie, "What I did was wrong. You had every right to slap me. Honestly, if someone did that to me now that I'm married I would go ballistic."

We both chuckled at her words and she wiped invisible tears from the corners of her eyes. "I'm sorry for everything I may or may not have done in the past to make you uncomfortable. I really hope you forgive me." She added with a remorseful expression on her face.