Chapter 27 - A reality

B L A D E

Human beings are always predictable. Their eyes reveal their true emotions. Their body language and actions says a lot that words can't. Some people don't know how to hide their feelings. They just put up a fake facade that's so easy to crack. While some have masks that they use to hide the evil that's in them. They manipulate the vulnerable

Rachel is no exemption.

Today, we were training at the gym. It's a big room in my villa and is equipped with the right apparatus to help with our training. There's also a basketball court in the gym. That's how massive the room is.

The air smelled like exhaustion and perspiration.

Niccolò and Franco took turns to spar with Aaliyah in the boxing ring. She kicked their ass twice. The girl's got skills when it comes to combat. She has trained her whole life to become the world's killer assassin. I'm proud of her as a friend to know that she has found something she's passionate about.

The only advantage that Nico has against her in the ring is that he's quick on his feet. That guy can throw kicks like it no one's business.

Franco on the other hand is holding on quite well on his own. He's also an expert when it comes to combat.

The sound of gunshot going off at the other side of the room drew my attention away from them. Camilla and Sienna are by the shooting range. They are teaching Isabel how to hold a gun and pull the trigger. She's quite eager to learn but gets distracted by the selfies she's taking.

I glanced over at Azzurra running on the treadmill. She had on headphones over her head. Her breath came out in heavy gasps and her ponytail swayed with each movement.

Next to her by the punching bag is Rachel. She seemed to be practicing a few combat skills on the punching bag. I licked my lips and dropped the water bottle that I've been drinking on the steel bench. I walked towards her.

When she noticed me, she sighed and her hard punches on the punching bag lessened.

"I guess you might feel so proud of yourself, huh? You didn't fool me at all with that bullshit." I said. I was going to pry out the truth from her no matter what. Her charms might have worked on Franco but it wouldn't work on me. I knew when someone wasn't being truthful. It's that obvious.

Rachel proved my assumptions. She wiped the perspiration from her face and neck with a gray towel while avoiding eye contact with me. Her lips trembled just the slightest and she bit down on it.

"What else do you want from me, Blade? Believe whatever you want to believe. I told you the truth." She said in an irritated tone and grabbed unto the punching bag to keep it still from swaying.

"And what is the truth?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest with an eyebrow raised.

Rachel doesn't answer. She began to hit the punching bag with everything she's got. Her knuckles are already bruised but she doesn't seem to care. She finally stopped to catch her breath and threw me a glare, "I was invited by a friend to the art gallery. The man you saw me handing money to was her client. She loaned some of my money to pay him."

Fucking bullshit. It's the same answer she told me three nights ago like it's rehearsed or something.

I shook my head with a smirk. "Pay him for what?"

I could see the wheels turning in her eyes as she tried to think of something to say to me. She wiped the blood away from her knuckles and untied her cherry red hair from the ponytail it was in. "I don't know, Blade. I didn't ask questions."