Chapter 10 - A fairytale

S I E N N A

We were all seated in the theater watching a thriller movie.

Azzura, Isabel and Diego came over a few minutes ago and joined us. Franco was passed out on the couch. A couple of cigarette butts were scattered on the floor beside the couch along with empty bottles of liquor.

Next to him on the couch was a drunk Nico. He was high as hell but seemed to be aware of what he was doing. He FaceTimed a blonde chick who had on a pair of bikinis and a nose ring with a couple of tattoos.

Not sure what they were talking about but I didn't care. It's obviously a hookup based on the girl's facial expression. A bit seductive.

Azzurra fell asleep on Isabel's shoulder who struggled to sit upright because of how tired she was.

While Diego paid rapt attention to the movie and took a couple of sips from the glass of alcohol in his tattooed hands.

Last but not the least, Layla was sleeping soundly in my arms. She looked so cute.

My legs were stretched out on Blade's thighs. He massaged my feet; which felt good by the way, and replied to dozens of emails on his laptop regarding the companies he owned.

"That reminds me, what problem did Franco talk to you about the other day?" I asked, running my fingers through Layla's soft black hair. She stirred a lil' bit but doesn't wakeup.

Blade sighed. He looked tense. Like something was bothering him. And I guess it was what Franco called him for.

"We got hacked."

My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. "Hacked? But... how did that happen?"

His fingers continued to massage my legs, doing wonders to my feet. "I don't know baby. For the motherfucker to be able to get through all the security codes and shit.... he must be a cyber criminal or some sort. We don't know who we're up against yet. We have to be prepared for anything."

I chewed at the inside of my cheek. "It seems strange."

"Exactly. Two of my warehouses got ambushed. Few of my men were murdered but nothing valuable was stolen." Blade added with a thoughtful look.

Franco mumbled some incoherent words in his sleep and thrashed around on the couch to get comfortable. A loud snore escaped his lips.

Nico grumbled about something under his breath and typed on his phone.

"Whoever it is or whatever their intention may be, just promise me you will be careful, okay?" I whispered. I was concerned for him. For all of us.

We weren't safe. There's someone out there that's watching our every move and probably planning on their next strike.

We have to be careful.

"I will, Amore mio." He smiled. The light from the screen of his laptop contrasted with his striking features.

Heat flooded through my body. My finger tips and toes felt tingly from the burning sensation that coursed through my veins at rapid speed.

I was nervous.

The look he gave me was so intense. His eyes were now a darker shade of gray highlighting the color of his irises. He bit his lip and set his laptop aside on the small coffee table.

I held Layla close to my chest and rested my chin on the top of her head to control my rapid breathing.

I could feel my heart beating wildly in my chest like I had just ran a marathon. I was breathless yet, I anticipated for his next course of action.