Chapter 35 - The Red Bull

B L A D E

New York was a city that never slept at night. The street were always bright, busy and bustling with energy. Lights from different directions flashed brightly. City cars rushed by, occasionally honking their horns. The sound was frustrating.

The sky line at sunset was breathtaking but the night sky blanketed with shimmering stars gave me a thrilling feeling. The buildings were immensely tall and eye-catching. No doubt about that.

I drove my Cadillac Escalade over the Brooklyn bridge to Manhattan, replaying my conversation with Manuelle earlier today.

"I need to talk to you about my plans to propose to your sister." He blurted out, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

I was surprised to see him here. Sienna told me before that their dad had an accident and Manuelle wouldn't be able to come for a while. I guess his plans had changed.

"Why do you want to marry my sister?" I inquired, making myself comfortable on my office chair as I crossed my leg over the other on my desk. I gestured for him to sit on the chair opposite mine and he reluctantly sat on it. I felt that he was walking on eggshells around me.

I was overprotective when it came to Camilla. He knew that. He thought I was annoyed by his proposition. I was far from that. I just needed to know his intention even though it's quite clear that he meant well.

"I love her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her," He simply responded without a hint of doubt in his tone. I'm impressed by his honesty but I wasn't gonna let him know just yet.

"Listen Manuelle, Camilla means a lot to me. I don't want her getting hurt or heartbroken in anyway. She's gone through a lot." I said, straightening out my position on the chair so I could clasp my hands on the desk.

Manuelle let out a sigh of understanding with a determined look in his eyes, "I know that, Blade. I don't intend on causing her pain. I just need your permission before I can pursue my plans. Even if you don't agree to it, I'm still going to propose. I really love her."

My brows shot up to my forehead in surprise at his confidence. I hated to admit it but I think I liked him for Camilla. I'm used to interrogating all Camilla's boyfriends not that she had any and if she did, she went behind my back. All the guys she introduced me to wanted nothing but to get into her pants. I killed three of them out of frustration and rage.

Don't judge me, I'm that crazy.

I stared at him long and hard. His determination and feelings for my sister didn't waver under my intimidating stare. I sighed in exasperation, leaning back in defeat.

I do wonder why there was no resemblance between him and Sienna. They both had different eye color and hair with different personalities but their moral standard were of the same level.

Squeezing my eyelids shut, I mumbled, "Sure, lover boy. You have my permission to wed Camilla. If anything happens to her or she runs back to me in tears that you hurt her, Mark my words, Manuelle, I'm gonna bury you alive."

I doubt Sienna would let me murder her own brother but I wasn't going to admit that to him. I just needed the assurance of Camilla's safety. A smirk crossed my lips at the fear in his eyes. It disappeared just as quickly as it came. He rose up to his feet and stretched forth his hand.

"You have my word, Blade." He said. I shook his hand with relief flooding through me.

As long as Camilla's happy, I'm also happy. They love each other and deserve happiness. Who was I to get in the middle of true love?