Chapter 59 - Forced to hide in the shadows

S I E N N A

"You're amazing, you know that?" Blade whispered, staring up into my eyes. I was seated on our bed with my back to the headboard while Blade lounged lazily on the soft mattress with his head on my lap.

I raked my fingers through his soft inky black hair as he scrolled through the emails on his phone. He had no clothes on except for his Calvin Klein boxers which hung very low on his hips. The tattoo of the two interlocked hearts and my name tattooed with it still has my heart swelling with love for him.

"Of course. You've told me dozens of times." I chuckled, using my fingertips to graze his scalp. A soft groan escaped his lips as his eyes feathered shut in contentment.

"I know, baby. It's just a reminder." He grinned.

I leaned down to plant a kiss on his forehead and when I pulled back, a faint blush coated his cheeks. I couldn't help but smirk at the cute sight, his bottom lip tucked between his teeth.

"You look so cute when you blush." I told him with a wide grin.

"Shut up, baby. I'm not cute, I'm sexy." Blade turned off his phone and quickly sat up on the bed across from me. I rolled my eyes but got confused at the serious look on his face. I could tell he had something on his mind that's troubling him. Whatever it was, I needed to know so I could help.

"What's wrong?" I asked, tucking a loose strand of blonde hair behind my ear.

"You need to settle things with your brother, Sienna. I can't stand seeing you two like this. You both act like strangers. I'm worried that your relationship with him would get severed if this goes on." He tells me his concerns, clasping our hands together.

I swallowed hard and diverted my gaze to the gold chain around his neck that contrasted well with his inked chest. I should have known it was coming to that.

My anger towards Manuelle had faded away. All that spiraled around in my chest was pain and a bit of confusion. Regardless of the whole issue, I still loved him fiercely and that wasn't going to change no matter what.

"I know. I just.... don't want to think about it right now." I shrugged, sighing at the feeling of his thumb stroking the back of my hand. It's comforting.

"You don't want to think about it or you just don't want to face your problems?" He saw right through me. I gritted my teeth and tried to appear nonchalant. His fingers gripped my chin, forcing my eyes to meet his. I looked away which made him to tighten his grip and I had no choice but to make eye contact again.

"Answer me, baby." Blade whispered. He didn't seem like he would let this go anytime soon.

"I -"

The door burst open to reveal Nico, Isabel, Cam and Manuelle. They all looked elated about something.

"Sorry, did we interrupt something?" Nico raised his eyebrow with a smirk. Our position was anything but sexual. It still didn't stop him from sending us suspicious look. He was such a dumbass.

Blade glared at him and finally released my chin from his grip. He stood up from the bed and grabbed his shirt from the floor to put on. I felt a certain pair of eyes on me but I refused to look. Blade was right. I didn't have the strength to face my problems.

Since I was discharged from the hospital a week ago, I haven't talked to my parents about the whole issue. That didn't stop them from checking in on me though. Armando and I were slowly starting to get along. We met twice over the week to work through our differences and I'm happy to admit that I made the best decision.