Chapter 22 - Congratulations

Here's another chapter for y'all to brighten up your day!!
I'm on a roll babes.

Hope you enjoy❤❤

Pleaseeee be kind enough to vote so I can bless you all with another chapter.

S I E N N A

Where am I?

That question popped in my head out of no where. It was ridiculous. It's obvious I'm in a hospital. Any idiot would know that by now.

The familiar white ceiling.... the omnipresent smell of antiseptic.... the smell of life and death.

That last part made my heart clench in my chest.

I got myself into a sitting position and glared at the IV sticking out of my arm. I hated hospitals. The last time I was admitted into a hospital was when I was 15years.

I sprained my ankle trying to run away from home in a tricycle. I had a serious arguments with my parents about wanting to join them on missions but they told me I was too young.

I got upset and ran away which resulted in a sprained ankle.

And now.... I was in a hospital. Again.

How the hell did I end up here?

The memories came flashing back to me in an instant. The wedding.... the unknown men.... the mysterious gift... I passed out.

Marcus is dead.

Chiara's father is fucking dead.

Tears stung my eyes at the image of his corpse in that damn box. His eyes were gouged out and a couple of his organs were missing.

I could barely recognize him. It's like they butchered him like he was a piece of meat and sent his corpse over to me.

How could they be so heartless?

Chiara left me... now you're gone.

A great sense of weariness sweeps over me, sucking my energy with it. My heart twisted as I cried in exasperation. I clutched the hem of my wedding dress and bit my lip.

My whimpers woke up Blade who was sleeping with a distressed look on his face. He sat on a white plastic chair next to the bed.

I didn't even notice his presence.

He had a lingering sadness in his eyes. He was still dressed in his tuxedo. A couple of buttons on his black dress shirt were opened, revealing his tattooed bare chest. His hair was messy like he ran his fingers through them lots of times. He looked disheveled.

That's when I noticed that he wasn't wearing shoes. His shoes were thrown to the other side of the room.

He followed my line of sight and flashed me a sheepish grin that I returned with a small smile. Even in my state of sadness, he managed to make me smile.

"Sorry. I got uncomfortable in them. I got all antsy seeing you like that. You really scared me for a while there." He spoke in a tone that made me realize he was beyond tired. His eyes had dark circles under them. He hadn't slept either.