Chapter 40 - Here for you

S I E N N A

"Guess who's getting married in two months?" Camilla gushed while showing off her diamond engagement ring.

Azzurra, Isabel and I squealed in excitement at the amazing news. Camilla is finally going to be a married woman. The thought of her standing at the altar with my brother made me smile. I could imagine the little children that would come out as a result of their love for each other.

"OMG! Camilla. I'm so happy for you. When did he propose?" Isabel exclaimed and engulfed her into a tight hug.

"Yesterday on our date. It was extremely romantic. I can't even count the number of times I cried." Camilla mumbled, gazing at the ring like it was the most important thing in her life, apart from my brother of course.

"This is amazing, Camilla. You finally found your soulmate. Two down, two to go." I grinned and flashed the two single ladies in the room a wink.

"That hurt, Sienna. You don't have to remind us how single we are," Isabel rolled her eyes but I could see the small smile playing at the corner of her lips, "But honestly, Love is the last thing on my list right now."

I arched an eyebrow and crossed my leg against the other on her bed. I was genuinely curious at the words she just admitted. "You sure?"

"That's what they all say." Camilla muttered under her breath loud enough for Isabel to hear who didn't seem offended at all. She leaned back on the headboard of her bed and typed on her phone.

"Yes, I'm sure. Men are assholes. Love and I don't really get along." Isabel looked up from her phone and smiled sheepishly when Camilla and I gave her a pointed look, "Except your men. They are perfect."

"No one is perfect, Isa. Even the right man for you will have his flaws. And one of the many things about love is that, you will learn to accept all of him." Azzurra said, flipping through the magazine she picked up from Isabel's nightstand.

"She's right, Isabel." I agreed.

"Oh, what about Niccolò? You guys make a terrific couple." Camilla bit back a smirk and tucked a strand of curly brown hair behind her ear. She placed the small bowl of strawberries in between her laps and tossed one into her mouth.

Isabel glared at her midway taking a selfie with her huge pink teddy bear, "Nico and I are just friends. We don't see each other that way and never will. Besides, we rarely talk."

Grabbing a pillow and throwing it over to her, I smirked when it hit her face, "Why are you so obsessed with taking pictures? Since we've been in your bedroom, you've taken like twenty photos."

Azzurra rolled her eyes at the kissy face she made at the camera and answered, "Isabel is a social media personality and an aspiring model. She isn't verified yet."

"Fuck whoever is responsible for that." She grumbled under her breath, not taking eyes off her phone.

"How many followers do you have?" Camilla asked.

"503k followers." Isabel muttered with a huff.

"That's an achievement. What about your modeling career? How is it going for you?" I inquired. Isabel had been my friend for years and I didn't know what she was engaged into until now. That made me feel guilty. Isabel never really talked about her career as a model and I was interested to know about it.

Isabel sighed as a frown crossed her lips. She lowered her head, her hair falling to shield her face. She avoided eye contact with us and fiddled with her fingers, "It's not going too well for me. Being a model is my dream but I'm not famous or well known or anything like that, so that's why I haven't been offered any contract from modelling agencies."