Chapter 46 - Every man's weakness

Geneva, Switzerland

B L A D E

I've never been to a basketball game before in my entire life. This was my very first experience and shocked to say, I'm thrilled to be here. I've never really understood the rules of the game only the basics like shooting a ball into the hoop. It isn't that complicated but, I haven't had the time to indulge myself in it yet. I rarely play but when I do, it's just to relieve stress and take my mind off things.

Diego got us ticket to the preseason NBA game in Switzerland, front row to be precise. The man finally made it to the NBA. I'm proud of him and how far he had come to make his dream a reality. It still seems like yesterday when he was practicing his shot in my gym back in New York and now, He's making it big.

He informed me about it last night and though it was last minute, I couldn't miss it for the world. It wasn't a long journey to me because I have a private jet. Besides, I need something to steer my mind away from the events that transpired yesterday; between Sienna almost getting kidnapped and that goddamn heart with the creepy message. I didn't sleep at all because of it. No one did. My arm still hurts from the gunshot wound. I called the doctor yesterday and he bandaged my arm. I'm hoping the basketball game is a good distraction. I couldn't wait for Diego to kick ass on the court.

Seated next to me on my right was my four kids, my niece and my nephew, each holding a hot dog and staring out at the players on the court. Next to them was Sienna and Camilla talking and giggling about something as usual. I would never understand women.

Manuelle sat next to me on my right, scrolling through his emails with deeply furrowed eyebrows.

I could feel the adrenaline pulsating from the cheering crowds as the Lakers scored yet another point. I felt drowned in this vibrant energy because it's my first time being surrounded by a crowd this large in the round gymnasium. They all formed a white, purple and blue rainbow. Their shirts meshed together like a finely woven shirt with different colors, representing their teams.

The light coming from the gigantic floodlights was blinding, it shone down on the players making their colored uniform stand out under the glare. The light made everything look so bright and dazzling, contrasting the waxy look of the court that glinted.

The guy with the number fifteen at the back of his uniform wasn't that hard to recognize. Diego raced down the court, pounding the ball as he dribbled. He squared up facing the hoop getting ready to take another shot. He raised his arm up, releasing the ball with his fingertip with form and arc. The ball flew into the hoop and the net went swoosh.

Everyone including me stood up to their feet and cheered him on. It was incredible. Diego glanced in our direction and smiled. He's happy that we came to watch his game. Our presence here is very important. I'm sure Isabel was here amidst the crowd. He's her twin brother after all. Azzurra and Franco couldn't make it because they're expecting a child and Nico had a conference meeting he had to attend. Sadly, he couldn't get out of it no matter how hard he wanted to but I'm sure that's understandable.

"Yeah, that's my uncle! He just whopped yo ass bitches." Leonardo yelled at the top of his voice and took a huge bite from his hot dog, mustard smearing at the side of his face in the process. His words got some of the attention of the people and the players. Some of them chuckled and others frowned but Diego had a shit eating grin on his face as he went for the ball again.