Chapter 60 - The end of me

S I E N N A

I had woken up around 6am to make preparations for the twins birthday. Blade and I decided that they were going to have a grand celebration and it was to be held at Blade's hotel in Rome.

It had a spacious hall that was decorated by professional decorators, blending their favorite color; pink and blue.

Early this morning, we surprised the twins with breakfast in bed and a birthday cake. They were so elated. I was in tears that very moment. They were turning 8years old today and before I would blink, they would become teenagers.

It might seem faraway but life was that short. We just had to cherish every passing day like it was our last because in a matter of years from now, the twins wouldn't need me to hold their hands in their journey of life.

It was 5:30pm when the guest started to arrive. Blade and I only invited our close friends but I guess the news spread far and wide about the twins birthday. Blade was a popular man so I wasn't surprised at the unfamiliar faces that showed up.

The hall should probably be filled up with about 70 extravagantly dressed people with more arriving in their expensive cars. Blade made sure paparazzi wouldn't snoop around to avoid the publicity. I could still see some stubborn ones flashing their cameras to get a better view of the party.

Hefty security men in black suits and dark sunglasses quickly got rid of them at my signal and just to make sure there wasn't going to be any surprises from Leandro Armani, Blade requested heavy security so in short, every entrances turned out to be heavily guarded with armed men ready to gun down anyone that crossed the line.

Blade and I stood side by side like a happy couple and welcomed each of the guests with wide smile as they presented their gifts for the twins. I had on a gold floor length A-line evening ball gown. The long sleeveless wide strap is fully decorated with a glitter lace print and features a deep V-neckline with sheer insert that showed off my cleavage, layered tulle, illusion side sheer cut outs and an open V-back. My hair cascaded down my shoulders in it natural waves and I had on minimal makeup.

Blade wore a Giorgio Armani two piece fitted suit with a rolex watch on his hand. His inky black hair was slicked back to perfection, making his stormy grey eyes pop. He looked so handsome. The sight of him had me salivating on the spot but I had to control myself so as not to draw attention to how aroused I was.

"Blade and Sienna Armani. It's so nice to see you again. We're so honored to be invited to your children's birthday party." Benjamin Rodriguez and his wife Penelope Rodriguez approached us with their arms linked together. They were richly dressed and looked like a couple that popped out of vogue magazine.

Blade chuckled as they engaged in a friendly hug, "My wife and I are glad that you accepted our invitation." When they pulled apart, he turned to do the same to Penelope which was just a small peck on both cheeks.

I exchanged pleasantries with them, happy they could make it to the twins party. I might not be close with the Rodriguez's but they were very important to Blade and the Armani empire. They were the sweetest couple ever.

"We're so sorry we couldn't bring our kids along. They are currently spending the weekend at their grandparents lake house and extended their greetings to the twins." Penelope said with a radiant smile, clutching her black lady dior bag.

"It's no problem at all, Penelope. I'll be sure to tell the twins." Blade responded.

They flashed us one last smile after handing us their presents for the twins and went around to associate with the other guests. Camilla and Manuelle were having a discussion with my parents along with dad's business partners. Nico held a glass of bourbon while chatting with two men, his eyes not leaving the children that played around with other kids that were present here. Isabel was doing a live stream next to the chocolate fountain along with Diego and his girlfriend, Harmony.