Chapter 28 - Be strong

S I E N N A

I fucking hate hospitals. I'm back here again but for a whole other reasons. I'm seated on a white plastic chair, trying my best to calm down. I can't. My eyes was already puffy and red from crying. Tears keep rolling down my cheeks in waves.

The others are in the hospital with me except Rachel. I'm glad she isn't here.

The ladies are seated next to me while the men stood by the wall with no expressions on their face. They are all shaken by what happened. Camilla rubbed my back soothingly even though it doesn't help at all.

I can't believe this happened. After I was done at the shooting range, I went to check up on Layla. I was anxious to see her lying on the bed like there wasn't any life in her. At first, I thought she was just sleeping but then I went closer to her. Her temperature was high as hell and she wasn't fucking breathing even though I felt a pulse.

I didn't know what to do so I just yelled for Blade.

We brought her here hours ago and the fucking doctor haven't returned back with the test results. It fucking killed me to see her in that condition. My heart is beating so wild I'm afraid it would burst out of my chest.

"Stop crying, Sienna. Remember you're pregnant. It's gonna be okay." Azzurra whispered, staring at me with glossy eyes. Her lips were pink and bruised from sucking it too hard.

Blade was standing at the far end of the waiting room lost in thought. His gaze is casted downwards and his arms are crossed against his chest.

No one spoke. Tension settled heavily in the air.

I'm surprised Aaliyah is here. She seemed genuinely concerned even though she doesn't know Layla. Her braids is in a neat ponytail on top of her head and she had on a white sundress.

Finally, the doctor burst through the door. His white lab coat swayed behind him as he hurried over to us with a clipboard in his hand.

I quickly stood up and asked him the question that has been on everyone's mind. "What's wrong with her, doc? Is she going to be okay?"

Every single soul here waited with bated breath for the doctor's words. I couldn't breathe. My breath was stuck in my throat. I was afraid of what Layla's condition might me. I just hope it isn't something deadly. My sweet girl.

The doctor took long to answer. He let out a heavy breath as he flipped through the paper of the clipboard in his hands. His eyes widened in utter fear when Blade lunged across the room and grabbed him the throat. No one bothered to stop him. They understood what he was going through. Besides, the doctor brought it upon himself.

Why does doctors have to be so dramatic when delivering a bad news?

"Don't test my patience, doc. I might just squeeze the words out of you if you don't tell us what we need to know. What the fuck happened to my baby girl?!!" He yelled. All emotions had vanished from his eyes except for the murderous look.

"Okay, okay." He managed to get out through the choking sounds he constantly made. When Blade released him, he took a deep breath to relieve the ache in his lungs and finally dropped the bomb, "She had a stroke and a seizure. That's why she passed out. It's really bad for a girl at her age. She wasn't breathing because of the lack of adequate oxygen in her brain caused by respiratory distress. I'm sorry to say this but...."

My heart stopped. My hand shook vigorously. Tears clouded my vision. I couldn't stare at anyone else except the doctor. What other news does he wanna break that is as bad as the one he just told us?