Chapter 49 - Left in the dark

S I E N N A

"You really need to reconsider your decision and have more kids. I'm getting too old, you know," My mother cajoled, getting comfortable on the couch next to Camilla and crossing her leg over the other.

"I'm okay with just two kids, mother. Too many children can be quite a handful. No offense Sienna." She told my mother, directing the last part to me.

"None taken." I smiled.

I loved my children and I wasn't going to trade them for the world. Blade and I both agreed to have four kids. It's the best decision we've ever made. Some can't handle the pressure of taking care of that much kids but we could and we're doing it just fine.

Everyone have their different opinions and concerns on the subject. Some prefer having just one while others prefer none. The latter just seemed crazy to me though.

My mom smiled in understanding. I could still see that she wanted more grandchildren but couldn't argue with her decision.

When I noticed how immersed they  were in their conversation, I decided to take that opportunity to flee and go find my father. He didn't seem okay at all. I could tell that something was bothering him and based on the expression on his face, it was indeed serious.

I was his daughter. He shouldn't feel reluctant to confide in me about his problems. At least then, I can try and help him in anyway I could.

I marched over to Blade's office. The closer I got, the more I could hear the sound of muffled voices behind the closed door.

They were having an intense conversation. Their hushed tones just proved that whatever they were talking about, no one was expected to know. That reason only heightened my suspicion and concern.

My steps came to a halt in the empty hallway and just when I gripped the door knob, I heard my dad's voice.

"....that under no circumstance should Sienna find out about it." That was the exact moment I chose to twist the door knob and poke my head into the office through the slight opening while still standing right outside.

"I shouldn't find out about what?" I asked them, widening the door further so I could walk in, leaving it ajar.

All the blood drained from their face making their skin look pale. They glanced at each other with wide eyes for someone that would clear the air but when no one spoke, I crossed my arms over my chest and repeated my earlier question, my voice a bit sterner this time, "I shouldn't find out about what?"

"We were having a private conversation, bambina." Dad finally spoke, letting out a slight awkward cough. He placed both hands on the desk and maintained serious eye contact with me.

"I asked a question, dad. The way you're acting right now and what I just heard proved that you're hiding something from me and I need to know what it is." I inquired doubtfully, not wanting to believe whatever excuse that would soon be uttered.

He sighed, smoothing the crease along his forehead, "We were just discussing about Leandro Armani. Right boys?" His eyes darted from my brother to Blade for their words of agreement.

"Yeah that's exactly what our conversation was about." They both said at the same time, avoiding eye contact with me but I wasn't buying it one bit. Something was going on and I was going to pry out answers from all of them one way or another.

"Alright, what about Leandro Armani?"

This time it was Blade who took the pleasure in explaining further, "My dad has been very persistent with his plans to destroy me and take over the Armani empire. He's been sending gifts of bloodshed which you're aware of."