Chapter 24 - Assurance

S I E N N A

I put on a satin nightdress that reached just below my thighs and applied the lavender face mist that I got for myself recently.

Sitting on the bed, I brush my blonde hair and tied it up into a messy bun.

The running shower in the bathroom goes off. Minutes later, Blade walked out with a towel tied around his waist. Water dripped down his torso and down his abs. It made his chest to glisten.

I salivated at the sight. My swollen breasts reacted and my nipples hardened. I bit my lip and turned to stare at the ceiling like it was the most interesting thing in the room when he turned to stare at me.

"Nice try, baby. I could feel your lustful gaze on me." He said, huskily. Even though I didn't turn to look at him, I could hear the smirk in his tone. I guess he found my not so subtle stare amusing.

"You're so annoying, you know that?" I asked him and stretched my legs forward on the bed so I could lean my back on the headboard.

"So I've been told," He mumbled with a chuckle. The sound resonated from where he was in our walk-in closet and into our bedroom.

He walked back out, now dressed only in black sweatpants. He was completely shirtless. The sweatpants hung low on his hips, revealing a few hairs that led into his hidden manhood.

Blade stretched his arms above his head making his biceps to flex and veins to appear along his forearms. He made his way over to me and sat at the foot of the bed. He took my feet and placed them on his laps.

"Fuck. That feels so good." I moaned in absolute bliss. His hands worked like magic as they messaged my foot making me feel at ease. Two babies were in my womb. I don't have a bump yet but the signs of my pregnancy were starting to show.

I felt weak at times. I've vomited like three times today.

He smiled.

I could feel his finger tracing invisible shapes on my legs before they returned back to the soles of my feet. His thumb and forefinger caressed my toes and rubbed in between them.

"We're going to America in the next two days. After what happened, we deserve a break and a change of environment. Just being here a little longer is putting a lot of pressure on us. I'm sorry they killed Chiara's father and sent his corpse over to you. That's a heartless thing to do." He said and took a deep breath, preparing himself for what he was about to say next. "My dad escaped from the mental institution."

My eyes widened like saucers at his words. It took a couple of seconds for it to register in my mind.

Leandro Armani, the soulless and heartless ex don of the Armani empire. He was more feared than Aran during the time of his reign. He was the main cause of the war that happened years ago. Millions of lives were lost on that day.

Blade's father was someone I never wanted to meet, in this life or the next.

He killed Blade's mother without being remorseful of his actions. The people he had murdered were uncountable. That man isn't even a human anymore. He's insane.

How did he escape?

I wanted to ask him that questions but the words just seemed to be stuck in my throat. I didn't know how Blade felt about this. He hated his father.

Blade answered the question in my head. His voice was void of any emotions. His stormy gray eyes were guarded like he was scared to show me how he felt.

I took my legs out of his hold and scooted closer to him. I clasped my hands around his and rubbed my thumbs along his knuckles.

"That's still a mystery. Even the mental institution didn't know how he did that. I know my father very well, Sienna. For him to make an escape like this, he must have been planning this for a long time. He's got people in and outside of this country that would be willing to do that for him. He's got a lot of connections." Blade mumbled. His hands felt warm in my cold ones. I leaned my head on his shoulder and intertwined our fingers together.