Chapter 9 - What do you know about love?

S I E N N A

When I woke up the next morning, Blade wasn't next to me on the bed. I felt his arms around me throughout the night. How come he's.... gone?

Was I dreaming? Nah, I wasn't.

The mattress was warm and it smelled like him. His clothes were discarded on the floor.

I rolled my eyes and stood up from the bed. That man doesn't know how to clean up after himself.

He's so messy at times. I guess he should know that the dirty clothes goes in the hamper.

Sometimes, I think he does this to annoy me.

With a small smile on my face, I picked up his clothes and threw them in the hamper before making the bed.

The drugs actually worked a great deal. I felt a lot better today. A little nauseous but better.

That's when it hit me.

Oh My God! Where's Layla? I swear she was in my arms a few hours ago. Well, yesterday. I hope Blade hasn't taken her to the orphanage without my consent.

I'm going to kill him.

I stomped out of my room and made a beeline to Layla's room.

It was.... totally empty.

That asshole.

I practically ran down the stairs, my legs moving faster than the speed of lightening. I swung the door to his office open but he wasn't there. Just a bundle of papers scattered across the table just like I predicted. I didn't at all.

I gritted my teeth in anger. I checked the living room and other rooms downstairs. Still, there wasn't any sign of him.

Air vanished away from my lungs when I slammed into a wall of bodies gathered around the kitchen and fell back to the tiled floor, landing on my damn ass.

"What the fuck?!" I groaned and rubbed the back of my hand against my forehead.

"Oh! We're so sorry, Sienna." Nico apologized and pulled me up by my arm.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Camilla asked in panic. She took my face between her hands and caressed my cheek with her thumb.

"Jeez! Guys. You almost killed me." I said dramatically, pulling Camilla's hands away from my face with a grin. "I'm okay, Cam. You don't have to worry."

"How are you feeling?" Franco asked. He ruffled my messy hair. I glared at him and he winked.

"I'm fine." I said and remembered the reason why I was downstairs and obviously didn't see where I was going before I landed my ass on the floor.

"Where's Blade? I need to talk to him."

They all went silent.

I followed their line of sight and what I saw made my mouth to open wide in shock.

Layla was seated on the marble countertop. Her long hair was tied up neatly into a bun. It was a bit wet probably from the shower.

She wore a bright yellow sundress and a cute smile was plastered on her face.

What left me more shocked was the man in question, flipping a couple of pancakes by the stove.

He was shirtless. The only clothing he had on were a pair of black jeans. The belt was unbuckled and the zipper was down, showing off his white Calvin Klein boxers.

I was flabbergasted... but yet, I was checking him out.

"You're drooling, Sienna. It's kind of cute but.... you look like a hungry dog in need of, well.... him." Nico taunted. His voice was a whisper in my ears.