Chapter 29 - Distressed

S I E N N A

I felt like a ghost. If I looked at the mirror, I know I would be horrified by my reflection. My gaze was focused on the closed bedroom door. I was hoping nothing happened to Blade and he would just come back home.

We left the hospital hours ago and it was already past midnight. The doctor told me that the sharp pain I experienced earlier was round ligament pain.

The round ligament connects the front part of the womb to my groin, the area where my legs attach to my pelvis. It normally tightens and relaxes slowly. The doctor also added that as my baby and womb grew, the round ligament stretches making it more likely to become strained.

The stress and the way I ran earlier caused it to tighten quickly, like a rubber band snapping. He advised that I avoid sudden movements and I should flex my hips more often.

I would take that into consideration but right now.... I was distressed.

Where the fuck is Blade? What if he got hurt and couldn't drive himself home? What if something terrible happened to him and he needed help?

I shook my head to clear away those thoughts. I was worried about him. I attempted to sleep but the thought of Blade never coming back kept me awake. I turned on my phone to check the time. 1:25am.

He never responded to any of my texts or returned my calls. I was a nervous wreck at this point.

I walked out of our room and went into the elevator. I pushed on the last floor button. Resting my head on the cold stainless steel of the elevator, I bit down on my bottom lip and tried to blink back the tears that were starting to form in my eyes.

Layla doesn't have much time left to live. After all the pain she had been through, this is how she gets rewarded. This world is so unfair. I love her so much. The mere thought of loosing her felt like I'm being sucked into a dark abyss. The tightness in my lungs made it hard for air to pass through.

She's going to be snatched away from me without being given an opportunity to live. This was hard to take in.

The elevator made a dinging sound and the doors slid open. I stepped out. Wiping the tears under my eyes, I made my way into the massive kitchen. I opened the fridge and pulled out a water bottle from it before taking out a glass cup from the cabinet.

I poured myself a generous amount of the cold water and brought it to my lips. When the water hit my tongue, I felt refreshed. It cooled down my nerves. I drank the water until I was filled up and tossed the empty bottle into the trash can.

Then I heard the sound of the front door opening. My first instinct was to grab a butcher's knife to protect myself just in case it was an intruder. I laughed at that thought.

Blade's villa was heavily guarded with hefty armed men. An intruder wouldn't dare step foot here or else he had a death with. Who else could it be?

Walking out of the kitchen and into the living room, my heart leaped in fear at a man's silhouette making it way towards my direction. I scrambled around for the light switch and turned it on. The fear I felt vanished into thin air when I saw Blade.

He was looking disheveled. His clothes were dirty and his hair was messy. His face was contorted in frustration. That emotion melted and turned into guilt when his eyes connected to mine.

I searched his body, looking for any signs of injury. He looked completely unharmed. He didn't seem to be drunk or have taken any alcohol at all. That was a relief.