5

Chapter 5 The Self-Deceiving Liar

When Lin Xiaodong returned home, Lin Xiamian, who was temporarily ordered to go home to reflect, was already waiting for him in the living room.

The young man stood at the door and stared at him for a while.

Lin Xiamian's eyes slowly turned red.

"Brother, don't do this," he said with tears, "I know I'm wrong! Hit me..."

But Lin Xiaodong didn't get mad at him as Lin Xiamian expected.

Instead, the young man squatted down in front of him and gently touched his head.

"Tell me," Lin Xiaodong asked calmly. After all, you need to be patient with fools, "Why are you short of money?"

Lin Xiamian's tears couldn't hold back in an instant.

He hugged the young man's waist tightly and buried his head in Lin Xiaodong's chest, as if someone who was dying of thirst in the desert had discovered an oasis. He said incoherently: "I'm sorry, brother, I, I just want to help you relieve some of the burden. Last time you didn't tell me anything. I was really scared at school alone, and I always thought about it..."

In a place that Lin Xiamian didn't notice, Lin Xiaodong lowered his eyes and stared at the swirl of hair on the top of the boy's head, the corners of his lips slightly raised.

"I just said how could this kid agree to live on campus so readily," he was still in the mood to chat with the system, "It turns out that a pit was set up here to wait for me."

System: ...So you call it "sweet" when you cry, make trouble, and hang yourself?

Back then, Lin Xiamian almost lifted the roof!

"So he did it on purpose?" The system then reacted, "Just to stay away from the school?"

"Not staying at school is just a means. It is Lin Xiamian's goal to tie me to him forever," Lin Xiaodong said in a slow manner. "Now I finally understand why he doesn't care about my identity as a gangster."

"why?"

Lin Xiaodong smiled happily: "Of course it's because my dear brother doesn't want me to have a normal social life at all."

system:"…………"

Although it is only a high-level artificial intelligence composed of a group of programs, but from the truth behind this sentence, I feel a little bit of icy chill.

When it was silent, Lin Xiaodong was still dutifully playing his good brother.

He whispered to Lin Xiamian, "But you are already in the third year of high school, and you are so nervous about studying. Why do you want to give up the basics? Besides, it's not good for you to go to work. You have to go to Wanxiao. Don't you know where it is?"

"I know," Lin Xiamian sniffed, "but I only have time at night, and the salary for Wanxiao is relatively high."

Lin Xiaodong: "No, a club of Wanxiao's level doesn't recruit at all, and most people have no way to get in. Where do you, a high school student still in school, come from?"

Lin Xiamian said in a low voice, "Mr. Zhao told me that he knew Wanxiao's manager and he could let me work there. When there were few guests, I could do my homework in the box, and the salary would be paid on a daily basis. "

Lin Xiaodong frowned: "Is that Mr. Zhao from your competition team?"

Lin Xiamian nodded silently.

No, Lin Xiaodong thought, he must have overlooked something.