138

Chapter 138 The frail and sickly powerful minister

Lin Xiaodong really didn't enter the palace this time for Jing Ji.

As I said before, the Empress Dowager Changfeng has a son and a daughter, but only Jing Ji is her own. When the late emperor was there, in order to compete for favor, she could use her own son mercilessly, not to mention the adopted daughter who was not her own.

When the late emperor was alive, the Empress Dowager Changfeng would occasionally care about the life of her adopted daughter in order to compete for favor; when the late emperor died, she directly and completely rejected the useless adopted daughter, and devoted herself to the grand cause of fighting for power and profit with Lin Dongqing.

Therefore, the living standard of a dignified princess of a country is not even comparable to that of the daughter of a rich family.

When Lin Xiaodong came, he deliberately did not let anyone report it. As soon as he entered the palace, he saw the one-year-old princess wearing a thin dress. , and tried to stuff a spider of unknown species into its mouth.

Several maids and nurses who were serving beside them sat around the charcoal stove, chatting to themselves about knitting wool, and no one cared what the children on the ground were doing.

The young man's eyes darkened and he said coldly, "What are you doing?"

Only then did the people in the hall realize Lin Xiaodong's arrival. Although they didn't know who was coming, everyone recognized Lin Xiaodong's black official robe. They were so frightened that they hurriedly fell to the ground. .

"Sir, spare your life!"

Lin Xiaodong walked over to the princess with a cold face, bent down and picked up the child.

Although he has never raised children, just by looking at the young girl's red face and snot, and her weight as thin as a kitten, you can tell that these daring guys have never thought about taking good care of their children.

No matter how the Queen Mother Changfeng hates this child, there will be no shortage of the most basic cases every month.

After all, she is a princess.

But looking at the dusty displays in the palace, the tattered masonry floors, and the clothes on the princess's body that didn't fit, where did all these classifications go?

The answer speaks for itself.

Lin Xiaodong took the handkerchief handed by the next person, and slowly and gently wiped off the dirt on the princess's face. The young girl was suddenly picked up, but she was not afraid, just opened her eyes as big as black grapes. Looking at the young man above his head, he suddenly giggled and stretched out his hands in a gesture of hugging.

"pa...papa."

Someone gasped, but Lin Xiaodong ignored it.

"You guys are so bold," he raised his eyelids and glanced at them, "Dare to be so scornful of the princess, don't you want your head?"

"Big, lord, we-" The nurse raised her head suddenly, her eyes red and wanted to beg for mercy. But Lin Xiaodong deeply felt a sense of boredom. He didn't like to use power to oppress people. However, after coming to this world, he was always forced to use these methods again and again.

Let's end it quickly, he thought nonchalantly.

"Dispose of it according to the laws of the palace." He dropped a sentence lightly.

But the palace maid and the nanny suddenly collapsed to the ground in despair. Everyone knows that this is a matter of losing their heads!

For a time, there were shrill cries in the palace.