141

Chapter 141 The frail and sickly powerful minister

Although he angered the little emperor, Lin Xiaodong was in a good mood.

Guo Xinwen disagreed with him, but the two of them temporarily reached an agreement on sending troops. When the dynasty was over, Guo Xinwen became the thorn who wanted to pick bones from eggs.

Surrounded by his colleagues, he left the hall, and when he descended the steps, he inadvertently glanced back at the young man who was still standing there, knowing that the other party was waiting to meet with His Majesty in private, and he couldn't help but snorted.

"hypocritical."

People who don't know the inside story probably think that Lin Dongqing is the iron-clad royalist, but only Guo Xinwen understands how difficult it is to extract a little power from him and return it to His Majesty.

This guy firmly holds the power of the entire Jing Dynasty in his hands. He has to do everything by himself. Even Guo Xinwen sometimes wonders why this person has not died suddenly, even though his body is already weak and he has to deal with it every day. With so many government affairs, even a normal person can't bear it!

But Lin Xiaodong, who was waiting in the same place, did not wait for Jing Ji's summons.

"Lord Lin," a young eunuch said with an embarrassed expression, "Your Majesty said that he doesn't want to see you now."

It's not that Jingji doesn't want to send troops. As the king of a country, he wants to recapture the northern border more than anyone else. Since the proposal to send troops this time was proposed by Guo Xinwen, the other ministers would only think that it was instructed by His Majesty, and had nothing to do with Lin Dongqing, because everyone knew it. The two have been at odds for a long time.

It's just that when Jing Ji thought that Lin Dongqing had thought about this for himself, he felt annoyed and aggrieved.

"Really?" Lin Xiaodong replied calmly and didn't say anything, just nodded and turned to leave.

When the little eunuch returned to report, Jing Ji reclined on the back of the chair, and his knuckles tapped the armrest lightly. After a long time, he opened his eyes and waved his hand to let him leave.

"Little Youzi," he said, "follow me to see my mother."

You Shu was stunned for a moment, but quickly recovered the expression on his face and replied in a low voice, "Yes."

The imperial guards in the palace have already been replaced by Jing Ji, but because of following a certain agreement, Jing Ji has never seen the Empress Dowager Changfeng again over the years, but only came into contact with the other party's confinement in the harem.

Anyway, he didn't have a concubine, and he seldom even went to the bedroom, so Lin Xiaodong acquiesced to his behavior.

Only this time, he crossed the line first.

Therefore, Jing Ji did not intend to abide by any more agreements.

A few years have not changed the appearance of the Empress Dowager Changfeng, but the spirit of the woman is much weaker than when she first ascended the throne from the foreground. Although she still has exquisite makeup and elegant clothes, her whole person is revealed from the inside to the outside. With a faint smell of decay, it was like an old object that had not seen light for a long time was suddenly moved to the sun, and even the expression seemed a little dazed.

After seeing the grown-up Jingji, she didn't show too much excitement, but just raised her lips sarcastically and asked, "It seems that you can't stand him anymore."