137

Chapter 137 The Infirm and Powerful Minister

"Typhoid fever enters the body..."

"The root of the disease that fell when I was young..."

In the drowsiness, Lin Xiaodong heard a faint voice coming from beside him.

His eyelids trembled, and he slowly opened his eyes.

"grown ups!"

A teenager in his teens rushed to the bedside, with a heavy cry in his voice: "You finally woke up, my lord!"

Lin Xiaodong stared blankly at the ceiling above his head for a while, only to feel that half of his body was soaked in an ice cave, his limbs were aching, and his chest was even more dull.

The next second, he coughed piercingly.

"My lord! Are you alright, my lord?"

The young man hurriedly poured him a cup of hot water, carefully lifted his head, and slowly fed it down little by little, only then did he barely suppress the bitter sweetness surging in Lin Xiaodong's throat.

An old hand took his pulse, and he looked up and saw that it was an old man with gray beard. The young man noticed his gaze and hurriedly introduced: "Sir, this is the most famous doctor in the whole capital, Doctor Nian Song Nian."

This young man's name is Xie Chen, an orphan whom Lin Dongqing rescued in the frontier, and he is very loyal to him.

Lin Xiaodong propped up half of his body and sat up, coughed twice, and said to Nian Song, "Thank you, Dr. Nian, but I know my own body, so just tell me, how much time do I have?"

Xie Chen said in a panic, "Sir, what are you talking about? Doctor Nian has superb medical skills, you will be fine!"

However, the young man wearing only a white robe and with loose long hair on the bed just stared at Nian Song. Although his face was weak and sickly, he was still stubborn, as if he just wanted to get an answer from the other party.

The old man half-closed his eyes, frowned for a moment, and slowly withdrew his hand.

"The old man can only do his best," he sighed, "Although the dose of poison that Mr. Lin took is not large, the toxicity is not small, not to mention that your body is already depleted, if you optimistically estimate... five years. "

"Five years..."

The young man closed his eyes and murmured, "Enough is enough."

But Xie Chen stood up abruptly: "Doctor Nian, that's not what you said just now! You clearly said that if you adjust it properly, it will not be a problem for the adults to live for decades!"

"I did say it, but the premise is that Lord Lin will stay away from the government and stop working hard in the future." Nian Song looked at him and looked at Lin Xiaodong who was leaning on the head of the bed, the old face was complicated and difficult to distinguish, "But Lord Lin can do it. Are you there?"

Xie Chen gritted his back molars and said nothing.

If it was a peaceful and prosperous world, it would be fine. Now was a troubled autumn. According to his understanding of Lin Dongqing, even if he killed the other party, he would definitely not do it.

"I already know," Lin Xiaodong opened his eyes and said hoarsely, "Doctor Nian, I will trouble you for the next few years."

Nian Song paused for a while, then bowed to him and saluted: "The doctor's parents' hearts, Lord Lin is working hard for the country, please take care of your health."