27

Chapter 27 The Innocent Fool

--The first world side story--

...

............

In the third winter after Lin Xiaodong left, Lin Xiamian jumped off the building.

It happened to be the beginning of winter.

When Gu Xi received a call from the hospital, he was bathing the dog Lin at home.

"Really," he said lightly, holding the phone in his left hand, "I see."

After speaking, the man hung up the phone, put the phone aside, and continued his previous actions.

He rubbed Puppy Lin's body step by step with foam, rubbed it once, rinsed it off with water, and finally dried the hair on his body with a hairdryer.

Lin puppy is not small now.

As a husky, he is almost as tall as a large dog, and he takes a bath directly from afternoon to evening.

When the final blowing was over, it was already a little impatient. He stretched out his paw and pressed it on Gu Xi's hand that wanted to get the phone. Gu Xi was stunned for a moment and smiled: "You don't want me to go there, do you?"

He was never a generous man.

Over the past few years, he couldn't help thinking that if it wasn't for Lin Xiamian, maybe the person sitting in the driver's seat that day was himself.

Although there is no if in this world.

"Then don't go."

He rubbed Puppy Lin's dog's head and muttered to himself.

Walking out of the bathroom, Uncle Zhong stood silently at the door and handed him a handkerchief.

Gu Xi took it and wiped his hands, and said casually, "Arrange someone to go to the hospital to help with Lin Xiamian's affairs."

"Yes."

After dealing with today's affairs, he returned to the bedroom on the second floor and lay down on the bed with his eyes closed.

It wasn't until he was in an empty room that the man's eyebrows finally showed a hint of deep exhaustion.

The two-meter-wide bed was empty on the other side.

The place that originally belonged to Lin Xiaodong now only holds a folded white school uniform.

*

That day, Lin Xiamian thought he was dreaming when he heard the news.

When he and the others rushed to the riverside, Lin Xiaodong and the car disappeared, only a soaked woman sat on the bank and wept.

The police communicated with Gu Xi with a serious look on their faces, saying that several hours had passed since the incident occurred, and the water was rushing during the flood season.

Lin Xiamian only felt the world spinning for a while, he shook his body, shook off the hand of the person who wanted to support him, rushed to the woman and picked up her collar, roaring and asked, "Say, where is my brother? !"

"what are you doing!"

The woman's boyfriend immediately ran over to stop him, but Lin Xiamian didn't listen to anything at all, he just stared at the person in front of him and asked repeatedly with the only glimmer of hope: "He saved you. , so he must be all right, right? You talk!"

The woman cried and shook her head: "I don't know, I just remember that we were hit by a car down the mountain, fell into the river and I fainted. When I woke up, I was on the shore, and there was no one around..."