58

Chapter 58 The Wife Disguised as a Woman

"Miss, have you eaten yet?"

"Eat a little." Lin Xiaodong said vaguely.

Perhaps because of being too tired recently and not having a good meal, Lin Xiaodong felt top-heavy since he woke up in the morning, and his head was even more dizzy.

He thought it was because he hadn't woken up yet, and it would be fine in a while, but he didn't expect that when he reached the mourning hall, before a stick of incense had passed, his body began to sway.

As soon as Gu Xingzhai returned from sending the guests off, he saw Lin Xiaodong, dressed in plain white clothes, lying in front of the offering table, his cheeks flushed, and the dumped incense ash beside him was scattered on the ground.

His pupils shrank, and he walked over immediately.

Gu Xingzhai squatted down, first cautiously probed the young man's breath with his fingers, and after confirming that the other party was still alive, he breathed a sigh of relief.

He couldn't let this monster die like this now, he suppressed the unspeakable emotion in his heart, and warned himself in his heart that no matter what, he must first let Lin Xiaodong explain the truth.

"Wake up." He shook the young man's shoulder.

"Hmm." Lin Xiaodong groaned and his heavy eyelids trembled.

He was probably confused, thinking that he was in a previous world, he tightly grasped Gu Xingzhai's shirt with one hand, and put his head into the man's arms as if he was coquettish.

"Don't do it, let me sleep for a while..."

Gu Xingzhai's body instantly stiffened.

He has always been hot, and although he has been wearing a long gown for many years, he only likes to use the lightest fabric. And in his more than 20 years of life, he has never been so close to a woman, especially when this woman has an inexplicable relationship with his father...

Thinking of his dead father, the pounding heartbeat in Gu Xingzhai's chest gradually subsided.

Even if Lin Xiaodong is really just an ordinary woman, with this level of relationship, he will not have any unreasonable thoughts about the person in his arms. Even if she is really as bad as the people in the town say, for the sake of her father, Gu Xingzhai will take good care of her until she gets old, or leaves voluntarily.

However, just when Gu Xingzhai hardened his heart and was about to push him away, Lin Xiaodong opened his eyes. After seeing the man's tense face, he was stunned for a second before reaching out and pushing him away.

"Sorry, Young Master Gu." He smiled weakly, lowered his head and coughed a few times, "I'm mistaken."

Gu Xingzhai's hand hanging by his side clenched quietly.

got the wrong person?

As we all know, in the entire Qingxie Town, there is only one man who is related to Lin Xiaodong. So, just now Lin Xiaodong recognized him as his father?

"Nothing," he said solemnly, but his eyes gradually darkened, "Aren't you a doctor, how could you fall ill."

Lin Xiaodong slowly let out a mouthful of scalding hot air. All he could think about now was going back to his room and lying down: "Doctors don't heal themselves, hasn't Young Master Gu heard this truth?"

"Don't call me Young Master Gu." Gu Xingzhai said subconsciously.

"What's that called," Lin Xiaodong asked, "Xingzhai?"