Thirteen

Sage WilliamsPresent

Sage Williams
Present

My heart and lungs were kicked into overdrive.

Overdrive as in driving straight off a damn cliff because that's how my body reacts whenever I see him again for the first time in two years.

I wish I could call him ugly. I wish that I could've marched up to him and punched him in the fucking dick because you know what– the jerk deserved it. He deserved every single look of disgust thrown his way after returning home. I hope that my brother was giving him an earful and sending him out of this town.

Him and his perfect hair.

Him and his perfect stare.

Him and his perfect eyes.

Him and his perfect lips.

Him and his perfect body.

Him and just himself.

"I am so fucked." I whispered as I clenched my fists tight in my palm. Rory shut the door behind us as she stepped further into the room.

"Wow. That was intense. You should have seen the way your body reacted to seeing him. It was like me when I see the buy one drink get one free at Starbucks. Hungry and willing." My mouth dropped open as Rory smiled at me.

I was not hungry and I was not willing.
He was distasteful and intruding.

"Oh my god! Sloane doesn't know!" Mom screamed.

But the entire time she screamed that I wanted to scream back at her– neither did I! I didn't know. I didn't know why he was here or what he was thinking coming back to a place where he was no longer welcome. He was not welcome anywhere that I was. Because he made me feel like I wasn't welcome wherever he was.

"Can you tell her I said hi? I am literally obsessed with her fashion sense!" Rory butted in, smiling brightly at my mom who was fishing around my dorm room for her phone.

I had always thought about the day that I would end up seeing him again. I mean, we all dream of the people we love the most coming back to us after they left— don't we?