Seventy-Four

Blaise Beck-Day

Blaise Beck-Day

I was without a doubt in love with her. I mean, I had been– for a decade. Ten years of loving her, caring for her, putting her before me, laughter, inside jokes, smiles, secrets, night conversations, phone calls– ten years filled with memories.

For every star that there was in the sky, I could name a moment I fell in love with her even more.

When her heartbeat, a flower bloomed. I was sure of it. How could something so beautiful not create something so wonderful?

"You have it so bad," Cooper muttered as his soon-to-be-wife and my girlfriend walked toward the bathroom. I licked my lips before pursuing them, I filled my cheeks up with air before slowly releasing it through my lips, shaking my head.

"I have it bad, I have it good– I have everything that she had ever wanted to give me and more, Cooper." He smiled at my response, reaching for his water. He took a sip before asking me another question.

"Well, should I wait to hear wedding bells for the two of you soon?" I chuckled, smiling at the white tablecloth. "What? I think she would say yes in a heartbeat."

I shrugged. It wasn't her saying yes that would be the issue. The issue would be figuring everything out– would she want to stay in Pennsylvania for the next couple of years to finish out her college? Would she want to be with me in France? Would she like to be back and forth? So many plans to make out, but we had all the time in the world.

"If you want Stella to purposefully toss the bouquet to her and you want to pop down on one knee, you can," Cooper suggests. I shake my head, a smile of gratitude on my face.

"When I propose to Sage, it's not going to be at a wedding. In fact, do you remember when we were twelve and she stole Stella's lip-liners?" Cooper laughed, nodding.

"How could I not forget that! Stella tore about her room and the bathroom trying to find those damn lip liners and Sage tossed them out the treehouse window!" We burst into laughter, holding our stomachs as we remember that day as if it were yesterday.