Forty-Three

Sage Williams

Sage Williams

I was losing my mind. I had been on the verge of every single emotion possible since I stepped foot in my dorm room. I wanted to burst into anger and tears at the same time. I wanted to talk to a friend. I had to talk to a friend.

But I had nobody to talk to about him.

He was an off-limits topic. I didn't want to talk about him because talking about him made it more real. The fact that he was here. He was here and I felt weak for allowing myself to be near him. I was making a huge mistake and I just needed someone to talk to.

But I have pushed everyone away.

The knob turned on the door. Never in my life did I think I would be excited to see Aurora, but when you are alone in your dorm room after a really tough night, I needed someone. I needed a friend. I needed a best friend.

"Oh thank god you're back!" I groaned as I rolled off of my bed. When I returned to my dorm after that dinner at my house, I needed to talk to someone who stood outside. It was either Benji or Rory.

I would've picked Benji because he didn't squeal unless provoked, but he lived on the other side of campus and I didn't feel like walking that far considering that Slater confiscated the car about an hour ago.

"What's up?" Rory asked as she kicked off her slippers. She had a hoodie with some sort of sorority letters on the front. In her hands was an ice cream cone from the creamery, my family business.

"Blaise is..." I spoke his name exasperated.

"... do you want me to finish that sentence for you? Because trust me, when it comes to describing him– I could think of many things." I snorted, ripping a decorative pillow from my bed and throwing it at her as she crawled up onto her lofted dorm bed.

She put a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth and then shrugged. "What did he do now? You got something else good to write?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

I sighed, laying flat on my back.

"Blaise is just....I mean... He just is....God!" I yelled.

She nodded. "I agree. He looks like a god."