Thirty-Nine

Blaise Beck-DayPresent

Blaise Beck-Day
Present

"Sage!"

I yelled her name as I ran out of the elevator after her. She was fast on her toes though just like she always has been. I left Mannon standing in the empty elevator as I took off. Outside of my penthouse, students were hanging out.

I pushed through the crowd of people, my eyes scanning every single person from their toes to the baby hairs on their forehead. Where's my Sage? I pushed through the crowd farther until I saw her face for a split second.

Bingo.

"Sage!" I called out her name, jogging to her. Before she could speed up I jumped up right in front of her. However, that didn't stop her from moving through. She put her hand up to my chest, pressing my body, then with one rough shove, she tried to get away from me.

I quickly scanned the area before grabbing her by the waist and pulling her into one of the open side alleyways. My hand came up to cover her mouth before my arm wrapped around her waist and scooped her up.

She kicked me so hard that I nearly bent over, hollering in pain.

Holy shit.

"Fuck, Sage. Please calm down." I whispered in her ear. I walked down the alleyway, thankful that all the students that had walked by had dispersed with only a few stragglers left behind. As I set her on her feet, her back leaned against the brick wall, her body toward me like gravity.

My hand pulled away from her lips.

"You motherfucker! Quit manhandling me!" She leaned off the wall.

"I didn't know she was coming!" I expressed.

Rolling her eyes she responded. "Really? Is that why you just tried to bang me in the elevator? Wanted a piece of ass before your girlfriend came into town?" She shoved me again.

I shook my head. "No! She's not my girlfriend and she wasn't supposed to come here." I reached for her hand but she pulled it away from me.

"Oh– she wasn't supposed to come here? Just like you weren't supposed to leave me?" She mocked.