Twenty-Seven

Blaise Beck-Day Present

Blaise Beck-Day
Present

"Who are you bringing as a date to my wedding?"

Cooper's voice rang out into my ear drums as I juggled the ball with my feet in my parent's backyard. "I don't know man."

He snorted. "Are you sure you don't know? I mean, word around town is that you are back for my wedding. For someone who showed up three months early to celebrate, I thought you would've already had it planned out my man."

I halted the ball to my feet and stood still. The sweat dripped down my chest as the sun hit my body like a freshly paved driveway. "Who told you that?" I asked, reaching for my bottle of water and a towel.

"Oh you know, people." I hummed.

"Like..."

"That's classified." I chugged the bottle of water, crushing the plastic between my fingers. "Was it Drew?" I asked.

"Maybe."

Nodding my head, I kicked the ball back into the sports shed next to my pool house. I walked up the grass to the stone pathway. Around my house were multiple layers of decks and seating areas. My dad hated the outdoors but if my mom was outside, he wanted to sit with her.

"Can I ask you a question?" I muttered into the phone receiver.

"Are you going to answer mine?" Laughing, I sat down on one of the porch swings. My shirt, and a towel laid on my lap as I tilted my head back, letting the sun rain down on me.

"Fine," I answered.

"Okay. Good. Now hit me with your question and then you can tell me who your wedding date will be." I ran my tongue over my teeth, swallowing hard.

"Are Drew and Sage like a —"

"Are you jealous Mr. Beck-Day?" A smile tugged on my lips as I slowly blinked, my blue eyes hurting from the sun. "Am I jealous? No. Curious– yes." I was telling the truth. Maybe some form of me hated the fact that she sat on his lap and the way they touched each other.