Fifty-Seven

Blaise Beck-Day

Blaise Beck-Day

My chest cracked as I sniffled, placing my head in my hands as I heard the dial tone ring. I knew that he was in a meeting but I just desperately needed someone to talk to. My heart was in my throat. I've just messed everything up time after time after time after time. I've ruined so much for everyone. I never meant to hurt anyone. I always was going to come back, I was always supposed to be with her– forever.

I ran a hand over my face, my tears wetting it.

"What's up bud?" I felt tears pull in the corners of my eyes as I heard my dad's voice. I choked out a sob. I heard him excuse himself from whatever meeting he was in, wherever he was at.

"Blaise?" He said my name.

I was so angry and so upset at myself. I ruined everything. Everyone hates me now because I decided to be so selfless. I always put people before myself and the one time I put myself first everyone is mad at me. Including her. Hell, I still wasn't putting myself first when it came to her.

"Blaise, you okay? Can you hear me? Take some deep breaths." I was breathing hard as my jaw tightened. I was gripping the phone so harshly that my knuckles were turning white. I sat alone on my living room couch, the darkness surrounding me. The only light was from the gloomy outside skies that I could see from the tops of my windows.

"Blaise, I'm going to leave my meeting right now and I'm gonna come over. Okay? Just take some deep breaths. We worked on this, don't let your anger overcome you. You are not–"

"I'm done, dad. I'm so fucking done with everything. I'm tired of being shit on for being the good guy when all I've done is try to keep the peace. I've been selfless while everyone else has been selfish. I am not asking for pity, all I am asking is for a chance and I can't even get that dad. I wish I was a fucking dick okay! I wish I was exactly like you when you were younger– I wish I didn't give two shits about everyone." I raged, standing up from the couch, and pacing around the floor.

"Blaise, I was never mean. It was just an act. It was all an act. You aren't mean. You have never been mean. You are better than those thoughts. I'm on my way buddy, stay on the line with me." I felt my chin quiver.