Fifty-Four

Blaise Beck-Day

Blaise Beck-Day

"I've never been blindfolded," I said.

Her eyes peered up into mine, curiosity floating in them. "No?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Virgin, remember?" I mouthed. I would've said it out loud but there were students still coming and going into the classroom around us.

She stayed silent, not reacting to the word that I had been dropping to her for the past couple of days. Did she not believe me? I mean, there was no way to prove it to her, she just had to trust me. And that was the issue– I ruined her trust.

I wasn't as dense as a door, I knew I fucked up.

It was just convincing her that I was aware of the fuck up that was the super hard thing.

"So you don't have a blindfold I guess then?" She asked.

I shook my head. "No, but we could find something else. Like socks or a towel."

She stared up at me for a second and I pretended like I wasn't going to notice. But her eyes were so intense. Everything about her was intense to me. I mean, Christ, one stare from her and I was shaking in my boots. She was intimidating even when she didn't like to do anything other than pick up worms from the sidewalk. Now she looked like some badass biker chick, and I was the reason for it. I was scared of her. Not really, but metaphorically.

My eyes caught hers playfully and I watched as a blush appeared on her cheeks. She was turning bashful because I had caught her staring at me. I went to speak again but I was interrupted by a pair of loud, squeaky, and wet shoes approaching us.

"This bitch professor never comes to class," Benji announced as he walked toward us. His bookbag rested on both of his shoulders. He smiled down at Sage before smiling even brighter at me.

"I'm going to go to the restroom really quickly," Sage muttered to me before walking away slowly. I nodded, hating to watch her go but loving to watch the way she left. She could wear the ugliest outfit I had ever seen and still look like the most gorgeous girl in the room. She's always been that way to me.