Twenty-Eight

Blaise Beck-Day Past

Blaise Beck-Day
Past

"Would you like me more if I didn't look like this?"

My eyes flashed from the television screen to the girl who sat at the other end of the couch. Her legs were resting on top of my lap, my hands and fingers running along the short limbs on her. Her hair was up in a bun as her dark frames sat on her nose. She had on jean shorts that showed off her tanned legs and she wore one of my sweatshirts.

"Blaise?" She repeated my name.

My eyes hyper-fixated on her lips and how fixated I was on the cupid's bow that sat on the top lip. How kissable she was, no matter what she was doing. My eyes flashed back up to her eyes, shooting her a wink.

"Sorry, babe was just checking you out."

She snorted, pulling her legs off of my lap and instead, tucking them into her chest. A small breath exhaled past her lips as she sat up, wrapping her arms around her legs. "I love you for the way you are Sage. What's wrong?"

Shrugging she messed with her hair. Something she always had done when something was wrong. Something that she always did when she was anxious about something that was going on. Something deeper was rooted inside of her, and it was growing.

"Don't make me throw you in the pool. What's wrong?" I nudged her.

The front door opened, and footsteps were heard before Matti appeared in the doorway, interrupting us. He gave a slight nod, and then Reese approached behind him.

"Nice position. Barely touching, clothes on, in the living room– I like it. Keeping it PG which is what I like." Sage let out a screech grabbing the pillow that was behind her and she chucked it at her dad who caught it with ease.

"Dad!" She yelled.

"Brownie points, Blaise. Brownie points." He sang as he and Reese walked into the kitchen that sat adjacent to the living room.

Sage let out a grown before standing up, her bones popping as she did. I sat back, checking her out as she stretched in front of me. She was hot, I mean but it was the best kind of hot. It was the type of hot that she didn't even know she was hot.