Twenty-one

Sage Williams Present

Sage Williams
Present

"You know– you're a very peaceful sleeper."

I gasped, my eyes opening in a panic. Rory's face hovered over mine and our foreheads smacked together as I sat up fast. My flight or fight mode was activated at all times with her being my roommate.

"Morning bestie! You have about half an hour until you have to get to your first class! I took the liberty of running to get coffee for both of us! Us girlies must stay hydrated for our first day of college classes!" I gaped at the girl who had way too much pep in her step for it being eight in the morning on a Monday.

She patted my wrist before twirling on her heels toward her closet. Her closet was color-coded from darkest to lightest. She had decided to use our storage closet for her shoes– which yes, they did match every outfit.

I rubbed my eyes, stretching. I don't know what the fuck was brighter– the sun or the god-awful pink wallpaper.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked. Untucking my body from the blankets. My big shirt was the only thing that was providing my body warmth.

"I ran a mile about an hour ago then I went to pilates with the girls from Delta Nu!" She picked up her coffee, sipping at it. "I think I'm going to rush a sorority this year. I mean, I am the perfect girl for it! Don't you agree?"

"Pilates? Running?" I mumbled as I slid out of the bed, wincing as my bare feet hit the hardwood floor.

"Sage! If you ever want to borrow any of my clothes just grab whatever! I have a wide variety from tits out to tits tucked in." There she was again with that smile. I nodded at her awkwardly before walking into our shared bathroom, shutting the door behind me and double-checking that I locked it.

I stood in front of the mirror and groaned.

I loved sleeping because it was the only time that I didn't give two shits about what I looked like. When I slept I looked like the girl I was months ago. I wore a retainer, that was always squeezing the shit out of my mouth. My glasses were heavy-duty because as I have aged, my eyesight has gotten substantially worse. In the mornings, I always looked rough.