Eighteen

IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW

IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW. READ.

Sage Williams
Past

It all started when we were between the ages of fourteen and thirteen.

School had been a lot different this time and I was thankful for summer. I was thankful for the sun that shined on my skin, leaving a tanned kiss behind. I was thankful for the break away from people who made me feel as if I wasn't worthy enough to go to school with them.

Usually in movies, I've watched or books that I've read smart kids are split into two different observations. For starters, they could be nerds or geeky. They are the kids that are always first to raise their hand in class, and the kid that is recommended to everyone if tutoring is needed.

Secondly, they are looked highly upon. Highly upon in a way that they get into Harvard or Yale.

But there was no middle– even in between all of that, there was nothing.

And I was smack dab in the middle. I was the kind of smart kid who would get praised by my teachers and parents and then to the rest of the student body I was a freak. Of course, I would never hear it from them to my face.

I had a guard dog.

His name was Blaise and he had a larger checkbook than any person in that school, and he was practically famous. I mean, my family was well known because of my dad– but Blaise was always the 'it' boy in school.

But Blaise was in the same bracket as me. However, he was adding something I didn't have and that was friends. He had friends outside of our small nerdy friend group and he was able to walk up to anyone and start a conversation.

Not that he would– he hated people.

And you could certainly tell by the looks he would give.

Being thirteen was weird. I was a teenager and every day my body was changing. Or at least I thought it was. I would stare at myself in the mirror for so long that my mom said I was imagining things. But I couldn't help but stare at myself.