Twenty-Nine

Sage WilliamsPresent

Sage Williams
Present

"I'm outside. Can we talk?"

I raised my eyebrows at the text message I had just received from my brother. I looked over to see Rory who was knocked out cold with a sleep mask over her eyes and her mouth was wide open. I swallowed my smile as I quietly slid out of my bed.

I slipped my slippers on my feet and grabbed my keys before leaving the dorm room. It was one in the morning on a Friday night. Most people were partying, and although I should be– I wasn't. I was getting well rested for my brother's first game tomorrow.

I stepped out into the September air and approached the car that was just shutting off its headlights. I crossed my arms over my chest as I dragged my feet down the pavement to our shared car.

He stepped out, fixing the hat that sat on his hair. He leaned up against the car as I walked closer. "Twin." I greeted. He smiled a dainty smile at me.

"Twin." He greeted back.

I looked up at him, pushing my glasses up my nose. The annoying ass glasses that I wore at night time brought back nightmares every time I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror with them on.

"One in the morning and you have to be at the field by seven in the morning. Not very game day of you." I teased.

He shrugged, looking down at me. "I just wanted to ask you something."

I clicked my tongue before running it over my straight, white, front teeth. Nodding, I ushered for him to ask the question that he needed to drive over here to ask me instead of texting me like any normal person would do.

He stumbled with his sentence before asking his question. "Are you going to forgive him?"

Was I going to forgive the boy–not a man– who didn't even offer me a real apology? Was I going to even give the time of day to a boy– not a man– who refused to give me the time of day when he left me?

No.

"You should've already said no by now."

He frowned down at me as I scoffed. "I'm sorry but it's one in the morning and you just laid a mammoth of a question on me, Slater," I spoke in my defense, my voice was sharp. I cleared my throat before continuing to speak.