Chapter-4

NANDINI's POV

Well I don't know why Kriti wants to meet me urgently. She asked me to come to the beach asap.

I am not a girl who is particular about dressing, so I'll wear an hoodie and jeans. I quickly changed to it and to my bad luck I saw my slippers are torn. Now I have to go with my heels which I hate the most. As I have no other alternative, I wore my heels and started driving after telling Mom not to worry and I'll be back on time.

I reached the beach to see Kriti already walking. "Hey" I greeted her. "Hii" she greeted back. But by her tone, I can sense that she is feeling low.

"What is it?" I asked her. She sighed and as we were walking she told me she had a bad fight with her parents.

"They want me to get married Nandu, they don't listen to what I say. I said I want to choose my partner, but no, they say me to choose between the men they show. What should I do Nandu? I am really not ready for it" Kriti said and tears started rolling down her cheeks.

"Hey shhhh, don't cry" I told her and made her sit on a bench as I sat beside her.

"Dekho Kriti, parents always wish for their child's good future. They are not against you, they are just not with you. I hope you understand it. And don't marry till 'you' are ready. Be strong, don't let anything trash your opinions. Sit with them, be patient and tell your opinion clearly. Tell them you need time. And also tell them that Love marriage is not a crime, ask them why do they feel it as a crime. Ask them why can't you choose your soulmate. Tell them that your life matters more than what society thinks. Tell them that you will make them feel proud by choosing the right person in your life. I am sure they will listen to you. Because they love you" I explained her slowly.

She gave me her beautiful smile and hugged me and mumbled a thank you.

"I am so sorry....I called you here so urgently. I needed someone to speak" she said with a worried face.

"Abb when problems are there, then only this LoveGuru is there na darling" I winked at her cheering her mood. She started giggling.

"And yaa even I wanted to come to the beach, so don't worry. But now I guess I should leave. It's already 9 and if I don't go on time the four people will dig my grave" as I finished I got dad's call and we both smiled.

I informed dad I am on my way and Kriti left as I was going towards my car.

Guess what, today my luck is totally against me. My car just broke down, I don't know why. I tried starting but it dint. My home is a 10min walk from here. Its better I go myself, instead of calling my people. They get worried easily. I won't be surprised if they start keeping bodyguards for me.

I started walking thinking about Kriti. I don't know why some parents dont understand their children in this matter. I hope they agree.

Ouch! How did I fall down? Why did I bang on a wall.

I looked up to find a man facing his back to me. Due to getting hit by his back, I am on the floor. He slowly turned back with an irritated face.

Is he a man or an efil tower?.

"Let me give you your stick" he said ans started searching here and there.

"What stick?" I asked confused. I remember not bringing any stick with me.

"Arre, don't worry. I know you need a stick to walk. Because I think you are blind" he said glaring at me.

Idiot! How dare he? Did he call me blind?. I got up from the road glaring back at him.

"Youuu!!! How dare you call me blind?" I pointed him gritting my teeth.

He smirked as he crossed his hands and said "Ohh so you can see".