Chapter 40

MANIK'S POV

Who is this dreamgirl yaar?

I am already messed up with LoveGuru. Who is she?

I don't know in what confusion my life is going. I need to sort out everything orelse my mind will stop working.

"Manik? Thu theek hai?" Abhi shook me and gave a puzzled look.

"Ha..haan..so what were we discussing?" I asked shifting on my seat.

"We were talking about the profits" he raised his eyebrows pointing at the file. "Yeah right!!" I rubbed the back of my neck and we continued with our discussion.

We were sitting in the living area of Murthy Mansion and discussing about the project.

"Maaaaa? My tea? I am getting late!! Mr. Roy will kill me" Nandini whined coming downstairs and I looked at her.

She looked pretty in her red sweatshirt with jeans and her hair in a high ponytail. Why did she do that? I rolled my eyes looking at her hairstyle.

But who is Mr.Roy?

"Maaa, I am getting late. I need to reach the ra.." she stopped inbetween as she saw me. Abhi became stern and he gazed at me. Both Abhi and Nandini were staring at me shocked.

"Kya?" I gave a nervous laugh. "Maaa" Nandini ran inside the kitchen and I frowned.

"Isko kya hua?" I asked looking at Abhi. "Ku...kuch nahi" he gave a small smile.

"I'll make a call to the investor" I said and Abhi nodded going through some files. I got up and went outside and made a call to the investor.

We continued talking for some minutes and then I cut the call and turned back to see Nandini coming out of the house.

"Goodmorning?" I smiled at her and she smiled back. "Goodmorning" she hugged me and I hugged back.

"Fashion studio?" I asked and she nodded slowly. "When will you be back?" I asked leaning on the car.

She thought for a second and sighed. "Very late" she replied and I smiled widely.

"Perfect" I muttered and she narrowed her eyes. "What?" she crossed her arms.

"I mean..working is perfect" I looked away and she rolled her eyes. "Bye" she said and looked at me. "Bye" I shrugged and she just stared at me.

"Kya? You don't want to go?" I frowned. "If you will move, I'll go. That's my car right?" she said pointing at the car I was leaning.

I looked at the car and gave her a sheepish smile moving aside. She went near the driver's seat and was about to sit when I caught her hand. She turned towards me and raised her eyebrows.

"How many times should I tell you?" I asked closing the door and moving forward. She moved back and leaned to the car.

"What?" she whispered.

"That..." I said moving more forward and she nodded for me to continue. I halted just before her and she looked at me without blinking.

"I don't like your hair tied" I whispered and she frowned. In the next second, I pulled the rubber band and settled her hair.

"Manik!!" she whined and I laughed.

"Who is Mr.Roy?" I asked and she looked shocked.

"Umm..a..client" she said and I frowned.

"Bye" she said pushing me and sat in the car. She drove off and I chuckled.

I went inside the house and we again got back to our discussion. After two hours, we finished it and sighed.