Chapter 69

MANIK'S POV

"Manik! I'll kill you if you joke about my height again" Nandini warned me pointing her index finger at me.

"On a serious note, I actually thought you were some kid when I saw you from far" I bit my lip to not laugh loud. "Manik!" she stomped her foot irritatedly making me finally laugh out loud.

"I am leaving" she bent to take her bag from the ground when I caught her hand and pulled towards me. "Ithna gussa?" I whispered tucking her hair back making her blush.

"Manik...anyone will watch us" she blushed looking around the beach. Everyone were busy in their own world. "Nobody is going to see. And if they do, I don't care" I said turning her face towards me.

"Thum..." she was about to speak when I placed my finger on her lips. "Shh..." I leaned towards her while she closed her eyes.

I inched more close making her clutch my collar tightly. I smirked looking at her reaction and bent near her ear.

"Very bad Nandini! You want to kiss me infront of kids?" I pulled apart crossing my arms smirking at her. She immediately opened her eyes and her mouth was hung open.

She looked at the side to see Ayaan and Sweety looking at us curiously. Her cheeks immediately turned red and she looked at me with wide eyes. I shook my head showing my fake disappointment.

"Manik!" she yelled while I laughed. She started coming towards me threateningly while I moved back. She started chasing me while I ran to escape from her.

Ayaan and Sweety chuckled looking at us running around the beach. I laughed turning to look at Nandini who was trying to catch me with a tiny little smile on her face too.

"Oops!" I halted as there was a crowd infront of me. Now no one can save me from Nandini. I sighed and turned back to see her nowhere.

"Nandini?" I called and frowned looking around. "Nandini?" I called again but she was nowhere to be seen. I turned back to see the crowd also not there. Darkness filled around me making me uncomfortable.

"Nan..dini.." I called again as I was not able to see anything. "Manik!" I heard her loud yet horrified scream making me turn back instantly. She...

"Manik"

I tried to open my eyes but a bright sunlight was falling on my face. I blinked my eyes few times to adjust to the light. My body was feeling numb and I looked around only to frown.

I was in.....my room. I was laying on the bed and Cabir was standing near me looking at me concerned. "What.." I coughed not able to complete.

Cabir immediately made me sit and handed me a glass of water. I gulped them and looked around for her.

Nandini

That's when the events from last night came into my mind.

"Nandini!" I yelled loudly earning looks from everyone. Everyone turned towards me with concern. Nandini was still not there.

"Nan...where is Nandini?" I asked her as I dialed her number. "She..she was just here" aunty frowned looking around.

"Whe...what did you say?" I asked her with wide eyes. "Woh...I was walking on the road along with Julie when a car was about to hit me. I got scared and Julie jumped out of my arms. The car at the last moment and turned away and they were driving very harshly. We heard some didj shouting from inside and Julie started running back of it" she explained and I gulped looking at her.