Chapter 68

(Nandini and Manik's attire in media box)

Refer to Ch32 if you forgot Likitha, Shreya, Rohan and Mr.Singhania💕

NANDINI'S POV

"This is your client's party?" I looked at Manik shocked. "Yeah..." he nodded chuckling. "This is not called as party Mr.Malhotra" I shook my head.

"But he insisted on us joining it" he said as he parked the car. "I should have known it when you made me wear this dress" I said looking at my dress. It was a peach lehenga and I wore some simple silver jewellery to match with it. Manik was also wearing a gold traditional attire looking dashingly hot.

"How did I forget it's Janmashtami today?" I asked myself making Manik smirk.

"Shall we go?" he looked at me. "Do we have a choice?" I raised my eyebrows and he shook his head in negative. He got down the car and came to my side and opened the door forwarding his hand. I laughed taking his hand and got down.

I looked at the media near the entrance and sighed. Manik entwined his fingers with me making me look at him. "Let's walk inside without posing for any pictures" he gave me a comforting smile as we walked. I smiled at him.

As we were near the entrance, the media people started yelling excitedly and were asking us to pose for pictures.

"Sir does this mean that you are making it official?"

"Ma'am please look here"

"Sir when can we expect your marriage?"

I halted making Manik look at me confused. Manik is a celebrity and I can't take him away from his profession. If it includes me also to be with him, then I will happily join.

"It's okay. Let's pose" I said making him smile. He wrapped his hand around my waist and we smiled at the camera. There were many flashes and the media kept clicking pictures asking various questions. We dint answer any of them and went inside silently after Manik waved at them.

"Uff" I sighed as we entered the hall. "Thank you" he caressed my hand making me smile.

"But still I won't agree that Janmashtami celebrations is known as a party" I teased making him laugh. "That's why we need a date Ms.Murthy. Krishna ke saath Radha hona chahiye na" he winked making me raise my eyebrows teasingly.

"Hello Mr.Malhotra, glad that you are here" an old man came near us and greeted Manik with a smile. "Hello Mr.Vivek" Manik greeted back with a handshake.

"This beautiful lady is your girlfriend right?" he asked looking at me with a warm smile. "Yeah...she is Nandini Murthy" Manik replied and I shook my hands with him.

"You're daughter of Raman Murthy?" he asked and I nodded. "Ohh that's sweet! Atlast the bestfriends will become family as their children will be tying a knot" he teased making us smile.

"Your parents have also arrived. Please do enjoy the party. It's the last time I'll be celebrating Janmashtami in India. It's my favourite and it's a very auspicious festival for us. I'll be leaving for abroad in two months" he said with a sad smile and I narrowed my eyes at the word 'party'.

"I heard it. Have a safe journey" Manik gave a polite smile. He looks soo hot while having a professional talk.

"Here are the other beautiful couple" he said and I turned back to see Bhai and Mukti coming inside bickering about something. I laughed and Manik joined. They saw us and Mukti immediately smiled coming towards me.

"Hiii" she hugged me tightly and I hugged back while Bhai and Manik were talking to Mr.Vivek. "Is this called a party?" she huffed and whispered to me pulling apart. "I know right" I sighed.