Chapter 65

NANDINI'S POV

"So I hope that my clients liked the costumes I've personally designed for them" I turned towards the members in the board room as I switched off the projector. My eyes shifted only at the four men, irrespective of the other team members.

"Good work Ms.Murthy, we're impressed" one of them showed me a thumbs up while his father just looked at me proudly as the room filled with applause. I averted my gaze towards the other two.

"We are happy to work with you" one of them smiled and I smiled back. "But I am not...." the one who looked dashing in his grey suit, got up from his seat with a smirk while I crossed my arms.

"The designs could be better" he halted right before me with his hands stuffed in his pockets. "Right Abhi?" he smirked looking towards the guy- who is also my brother Abhimanyu Murthy.

"Do not involve me" Bhai chuckled raising both his hands in surrender as he looked at my pointed gaze. "C'mon Abhi, you shouldn't be afraid of your sister or should I say, our designer" the guy infront of me smirked wide.

"May I know why haven't you liked the designs Mr.Malhotra?" I raised my eyebrows. "I haven't said that I dint like them Ms.Murthy, I just said that it could've been better" he shrugged making it hard for me to not roll my eyes.

"Really? In what way could it be better?" I questioned as everyone looked at us surprised excluding Bhai, Dad and uncle who smiled exchanging looks.

"That's for you to think Ms.Murthy" he replied making me nod my head in the most sarcastic way possible. "But still I'll help you in it" he took his phone which was lying on the table with his eyes glued at me.

"That's very sweet" I gritted my teeth with fake happiness. "I am very kind, you know?" he self praised making Bhai laugh. I glared at Bhai before looking at the guy.

"Meet me in my cabin as we can discuss about it" he nodded professionally before leaving the board room easily.

My cheeks immediately turned red as I gazed at the others in the room. Raj uncle had hard time laughing while Dad tried to stop him. Bhai palmed his mouth to stop himself from laughing out loud. The other team mates were looking at me in awe, knowing looks and confused faces.

"Sir is actually desperate to decide about the costumes" one of them chuckled making me blush more. "Yeah ma'am, work comes first" the other one laughed. That's the reason Manik tells me not to treat my employees as friends.

"Exc...excuse me" I immediately gave a small smile ready to rush out of the cabin. "Sureeee" everyone including Dad, Bhai and uncle laughed making me run out of the cabin.

I took long strides towards the only place where I have to be. He is soo gone on my hands! I pushed open the door of his cabin before entering while glaring at him.

"Manik!!" I yelled irritated as he leaned onto his desk with his arms crossed and watching me cooly. "You're fast" he smiled making me grit my teeth.

"Why do you always have to keep me in situations where it is hard for me not to..."

"Blush?" he completed my sentence as he stood straight. I glared at him again making him laugh.

"Nandini! Do you realise that we both haven't spent time since two days?" his face softened as he came towards me. I immediately regretted thinking about the past two days.

It's almost been two weeks since Manik and I returned from Norway. I was shocked to see that the whole world knows that 'Manik Malhotra is dating his best friend Nandini Murthy'. The news was all over the papers and TV.