Chapter 80

MANIK'S POV

"Tomorrow is a good day to start. So let's meet tomorrow and discuss about the wedding?" Mom smiled looking at aunty and uncle. Me and Nandini looked at eachother immediately and smiled.

Aunty, uncle and Abhi exchanged looks and then looked at Nandini. She slowly nodded blushing making everyone chuckle while I shook my head smiling at her cuteness. She looked at Navya who side hugged her expressing her approval too making the elders smile.

"Everyone from our family are ready to give our daughter's hand to your son. So we don't have any problem" uncle said caressing Nandini's head.

"This is great! We are very happy" Dad said giving a side hug to me making everyone smile. "Sab kuch acche se hojaye bas" aunty sighed looking at us.

"Don't worry Maa! Hum sab milkar sab kuch sambal lenge" Abhi said making her cup his cheek lovingly.

Everyone became busy in their talks not letting me and Nandini spend some alone time. Devils!!

The girls kept teasing Nandini while the boys were still not ready to belive that me 'Manik Malhotra' is getting married to 'Nandini Murthy'. Yeah...I agree that even I am shocked but the happiness has dominated it.

"I...I'll just come" uncle got up giving a small smile and went towards the balcony. I sighed looking at the way he went and excused myself too. Others were too busy to notice.

"Uncle" I called as I reached the balcony. "Arre Manik thum" he immediately wiped his tears smiling at me.

"Come sit" he said gesturing towards the chair opposite to him and I nodded sitting down. "So? Taking away Nandini from us haa?" he chuckled sadly. "I can never take her away from you all" I shook my head catching his hand.

"Yeah...she will always be my princess" he sighed nodding.

"I am just upset that she won't be staying with us. She'll miss us for few days and then it will get used to her. I am just being selfish that my daughter won't depend on me from now? She won't be there gigling and roaming around the house? She won't come at midnight to our room and say that she is not sleepy? I'll miss her waking us up for her midnight cravings. What if she forgets us?" he looked down wiping his tears.

"Uncle you really think that she will forget you all? She has stayed 25 years with you all. Though I'll keep her very happy, there will always be a very huge place for you all in her heart. And Nandini, she loves you all very much. If you are upset like this then it will be more hard for her to take this step. And I promise you that whenever she feels like missing you all, or you all are missing her, I myself will drag her here. You know it's very hard to handle her tantrums" I rubbed the back of his hand and we chuckled at the last.

"Yeah yeah....better stand on your promise. And my daughter is not easy to please. So you have to bear all her tantrums" uncle warned playfully while I nodded with fake sadness making him laugh as we got up.

"I am happy she found such a nice guy" he hugged me and I hugged him back smiling. "I'll go and talk to Raj" he said pulling apart and I nodded. He went away and I sighed smiling.

Atlast it's going to happen! Me and Nandini! We are getting married!

I also started going out when I saw Nandini there with tears in her eyes. I guess she heard our conversation. Before I could speak she came and hugged me tightly sobbing.

"Arre Nandini, kya hua?" I caressed her head. "I..I..heard what you said to Dad" she sniffed pulling apart and I made an 'O' face.

"And?" I raised my eyebrows. "I love you" she hugged me again making me chuckle. "I love you too" I placed a kiss on her head making her snuggle more into me.