Chapter 20

NANDINI's POV

I was rechecking everything when Navya sent me the photos of the venue. I loved the arrangements she made and replied giving a thumbs-up emoji.

"You are here only. You can tell me how it is" Navya made a sad face sitting on the bed of our room. I sighed and looked at her.

"I thought my opinions dint matter" I said looking at her. "Nandu please. Kitne baar bolu that you are my family. We both are soul sisters. Why will your opinion not matter?" she asked looking down.

"Let's talk when Bhai comes. Be ready with your answers" I said and got up to change. "Are you going to pick Bhai now?" she asked playing with her fingers. "Hmm" I replied.

"Alone?" she asked again. "Manik is coming with me" I said and opened my suitcase.

"Offfooo. Is something happening between you people?" Navya teased with a wide smile. I turned towards her and raised my eyebrows glaring at her. She got scared and closed her eyes.

"Sorry" she muttered and I shook my head.

"We are just friends" I replied.

"Friends? Woww!!" she exclaimed and I moved to the washroom. I changed and came back to see Navya going through the menu.

"I'll order French fries for Bhai. He likes it na. I can please him with that" she said smiling looking at me. "Don't think you can please Bhai with French fries like everytime. You dint do a small mistake now. It's a blunder" I rolled my eyes and she made a sad face. I got a call and saw Manik calling.

"Hello?" I answered the call.

"Hey, come down. I am waiting" he replied and I informed him that I am coming and cut the call.

"Bye. Be in the room only. I don't want you meeting anyone before we come" I told Navya indirectly hinting about Cabir. She looked down and nodded slowly. I rolled my eyes looking at her.

"Fine. Meet anyone you want. But be in the room by the time we come" I said picking my purse and she gave me a smile.

I went downstairs to see Manik leaning on the car. He was wearing a denim jeans with yellow t-shirt and looking into his phone. He surely looked handsome.

I looked at myself and fixed my blue and white straps jumpsuit. I went near him and he looked at me.

"Let's go?" he asked. "You are driving?" I asked looking at him playing with the keys. "Yeah! I have a licence of here" he winked and I nodded sitting in the passenger seat.

He started driving and I turned on the radio. "Actually we need to pick your outfit. My employee is coming to handover it" I said looking at him and he nodded.

We sat in silence and I looked outside the window. "Did you talk to Navya?" he asked breaking the silence. I looked at him and shook my head in negative.

"I wanted to speak when Bhai will be here. Orelse she would have to explain twice" I said and he nodded.

"What about Cabir?" I asked looking at him. "We still dint talk. We just came back after signing the papers. The whole ride was silent with Mukti mocking him. They said we will talk once I will be back" he said and I nodded.

"What do you think?" I asked curiously. "I don't know. It's a very major thing. I personally don't have any problem with their relationship. But I also don't want my friend to misunderstand a attraction as something else" he said slowly.

"You think it's only attraction?" I asked him. "I don't know. It's them who should know it. Even though it is a attraction or anything, I want him to be happy at the last. I also dont want him to break anyone's heart by his misunderstanding. We will see" he said and I thought about it. He glanced at me and then at road.