Chapter 16

NANDINI's POV

"Nice joke na"

"Yaa"

I said and looked at Manik to see him glaring at me. "What happened?" I asked.

"Are you serious? We are stuck over here and you are scrolling through your Instagram and laughing at jokes" he said in disbelief and I shrugged.

"What will happen? We are at a safe place only na" I replied. "So? Are you planning to stay here all night?" he asked.

"Do we have a option?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"We have. I don't want you to stay all night away from your home. I'll call Dad" he said and was calling his father.

I smiled seeing him. He is such a pure hearted person. He just doesn't want me to stay away all night. Others would have taken advantage and all, but he is different. And that is the reason I started trusting him.

"Kya hua?" I asked seeing him irradiated. "Dad is not lifting the call. I'll call Mom" he said and again dialled.

"Mom, where is Dad?"

"Accha ask him to send driver to open the office na. I am stuck here"

"No, the security guard is on leave"

"Yaa fast"

He talked over the phone and looked at me. "Dad said he will send driver with the keys" he sighed. "Hmm... So what now?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"You are so boring Manik. I am very bored. Do you expect us to sit like this till the driver comes?" I asked irritatedly.

"Ok then, I will play some music. I'll bring something to eat from cafeteria and let's spread your scarf on the floor. Let's sit on that and have a picnic. What say?" he asked.

"Good idea" I smiled widely.

"Pagal hogayi ho kya? Do you really think we are at a picnic spot? We are stuck Nandini" he said gritting his teeth.

"Why are you soo tensed Manik? Normally in these cases, girls would be tensed. But I am all chilled out because I know that you are a gentleman and you won't do anything" I said confidently.

"Accha, what made you think that?" he said coming near me. Involuntarily I started moving back.

"I...I know" I stammered. "What do you know? I am not a gentleman" he said huskily coming forward. I gulped and moved back.

"Stop playing Manik" I whispered. "I still dint start the play Nandini" he said smirking and my back hit the wall.

"Ma...man..ik" I tried hard speaking. Something was happening to me, only by his gaze. "Yes?" he asked now stopping before me and leaning forward.

"I.." I was going to speak but he placed his finger on my lips. "Shhh!! You were bored na?" he asked and I slowly shook my head in negative.

"C'mon I know it. No words now, only actions" he winked and I leaned back in fear.

I closed my eyes tightly. Minutes passed by and nothing happened. I slowly opened my eyes to see Manik away from me and looking at me with his hands crossed against his chest.

"Huh?" I asked. He started laughing loudly and I was confused. "You... you are...." he laughed more loudly.

Ohh noo!!! He was teasing me.

"Idiot!" I mumbled and glared at him. "What? Do you want me to do something?" he asked looking at me.

I widened my eyes and he again laughed. "You.... You are gone" I said and started running towards him and he was running away from me.