Chapter 73

MANIK'S POV

"It's better you leave her. She'll stay safe when she'll be away from you"

"Manik!"

I jerked awake looking around. I saw Nandini looking at me confused. "You okay?" she asked placing her hand on my arm.

"It's better you leave her. She'll stay safe when she'll be away from you"

I sighed nodding my head. I looked around to see we were sitting in the car. We landed at Mumbai and now we will reach our home in no time.

We are going towards Murthy Mansion as Nandini would like to have some rest.

"Waise Nandini, did you talk to others?" Cabir asked turning towards her. She looked at me before shaking her head slowly.

"It's okay! It's better you talk to them in person" I said and she nodded.

"Kya yaar Nandu? Why do you just keep shaking your head? We are dying to hear your voice" Cabir said trying to cheer her up. Even I looked at her while she just gave a small smile and looked out of the window.

Me and Cabir exchanged looks and sighed. "Sir we reached" the driver halted the car infront of Murthy Mansion.

Nandini immediately looked at her house with relief in her eyes. We got down the car while the workers came to take our luggage.

"Chale?" I caught Nandini's hand and she nodded. We started going towards the door while Nandini kept looking at everything with teary eyes. No doubt she missed her house. She would have also felt that she would never come back safe.

We stopped near the entrance as Ishitha aunty stood there with aarti ki thali in her hands. Everyone were standing beside her looking at Nandini with tears in their eyes.

A tear trickled down Nandini's cheek as she caught my hand tightly. "Nandu!!" Navya rushed towards us and hugged her tightly. Navya started sobbing while Nandini hugged her tight.

"Pehle aarti karle Ishitha. Humare bacchi ka sara nazar utharo" Mom smiled side hugging aunty. Navya pulled apart while aunty nodded wiping her tears.

"Manik" she made me stand close to Nandini.

She smiled doing the aarti while Nandini was looking at her mother with glint in her eyes.

"You were not even able to protect her. Not only now, but also when she got kidnapped first time before your accident"

I took a deep breath and composed myself. Aunty applied tilak on our foreheads and asked us to come inside. As we entered inside, aunty immediately hugged Nandini sobbing.

"Kaisi hai?" aunty muttered caressing her hair. Nandini nodded slowly hiding in her mother's embrace. She started crying too while we all looked at her sadly.

"Maa" she whispered while aunty cried more. She kissed on her head and pulled apart.

"Sab kuch theek hogaya hai. Don't cry! Tumhara Manik ne tujhe wapas lekar aaya na" aunty smiled cupping her cheek. Nandini looked at me and I gave her a small smile.

"It's better you leave her. She'll stay safe when she'll be away from you"

What's happening Manik? Stop thinking about all this!

Uncle went near Nandini and hugged her while she cried hugging him. "My princess is safe and alright. Abb mein tumhe kahi bhi jaane nahi dunga. I promise" he said and she nodded wiping her tears.

She then looked at Abhi who looked at her with guilt. "I couldn't protect you....I am sorry" Abhi caught her hands crying badly.

Nandini shook her head and hugged him while he cried hugging her.