Chapter 51

(Nandini and Manik's attire in the media box)

NANDINI'S POV

There was hustle bustle going around the house. The sounds of children's screaming and giggling, the voices of all the guests, the voices of our family and atlast...the sound of my heartbeat.

I took a deep breath and sat on the chair closing my eyes. I can do this right? Yeah...I guess. I sighed opening my eyes to see Navya giving me a weird look.

The hairstylist was working on her hair while she was all dressed up for her engagement. She looked beautiful with her princess long sea green frock with a wonderful work near her neck and sleeves.

"You know that it's my engagement right?" Navya gave me a odd look. "You aren't understanding" I whined arranging my dress neatly which was on the bed.

"Why are you stressing out Nandu?" she sighed reaching for her bangles. "Today is your engagement day!! The day I am going to tell Manik..." I stopped looking at the hairstylist. She was busy in her work but I had to be careful.

"Don't worry! She doesn't know English. She is Chinese" Navya said arranging the bangles properly. The hairstylist looked at us as we mentioned the word Chinese. We gave her a small smile and she returned to her work.

"It has been long yaar. Now just go and tell" Navya said and I nodded thoughtfully. I went near her and started helping her with the bangles.

"He is planning something to find out about LoveGuru" I said and she nodded. "I felt it too" she replied.

"It's okay!! I am going to say it today" I said determined and she smiled at me. The door burst open while Mukti and Aliya entered.

"Hey" Mukti smiled at us tired. Aliya straight away went to the bed and jumped in it sighing in relief. "My dress!!" I whined running near the bed and taking the dress in my hands. Aliya gave me a sheepish smile and went back to relaxing.

"I feel so happy to sit here and relax while you all working hard" Navya chuckled making us roll our eyes.

"You don't want me to ruin your hair, do you?" Mukti smirked while Navya glared at her. "What the hell? Why aren't you three ready?" aunty yelled coming in.

She looked at Navya and gave her a wide smile appreciating her looks. She then turned towards us and crossed her arms glaring at us.

"Umm...we.." I stammered as both Mukti and Aliya were looking at me expecting me to cover up.

"We...will...do it" I said and she narrowed her eyes. "Do what?" aunty asked. "Get ready" I replied and she smiled. "Fast" she said looking at all of us and we nodded.

"You too" she said to the hairstylist who looked puzzled. "She doesn't know English" Navya said and aunty sighed going out while we burst out laughing.

"Okay we will go and get ready" Aliya said finally getting up. "Mom and aunty would be coming to watch over you. The makeup artist is also on her way" I said and Navya smiled at me.

"Bye beautiful" Mukti winked at her and we chuckled. She mouthed me an 'all the best' and I smiled at her. We three went out with me carrying my heavy dress.

"Let's go to my room?" I asked and they nodded. "We will bring our dresses and meet you in your room" Mukti said and I nodded going to my room. It was in the second floor along with Manik's and Naani's. As I was about to ascend the stairs, Naani looked at me shocked.

"Abhi thak thayar nahi hui?" she glared at me. "Sorry...woh Navya ki help kar rahe the" I grinned and she rolled her eyes. "Love you" I muttered kissing her cheeks and running upstairs while she laughed.