Chapter 75

MANIK'S POV

"Friends? Are you sure?" Cabir looked at me in disbelief as I sat on the couch and was trying to act busy with my guitar. "Answer me Manik" Cabir repeated while I still ignored.

"This tune is good right?" I played the guitar raising my eyebrows at him. He huffed rolling his eyes and pulled the guitar from my hands making me sigh.

"Mein kuch puch raha hu Manik! Answer me" he yelled.

"Fine...ask whatever you want to" I crossed my hands. "What's with this back to friends thing with Nandini?" he gave me a fake smile.

"It's...it's simple. I don't want to loose her so I'll be happy if she stays in my life. The only way is....being friends" I avoided his gaze.

"When you can't loose her then why the hell did you break up with her?" he fisted his hands glaring at me. "I am not right for her" I looked down.

"Where did this right and wrong thing come from? What are you even talking?" he sighed sitting down and catching his head.

"I don't know...I just know that I am not right for her" I got up ready to leave.

"You know what? Even a child would not be as dumb as you" he rolled his eyes while I shook my head coming out of the room.

I know that Cabir is concerned for us. But how can I explain to him that I cannot be with Nandini. I cannot protect her.

I sighed coming downstairs to the living room. The whole living room was empty. Everyone stayed here last night then where did they go early in the morning? I frowned going towards the garden area.

"So you all understood right? He shouldn't get any doubt please"

I stopped listening to Nandini's voice. Everyone including the elders were sitting in the garden area having a serious discussion.

"Sure Nandu, don't worry. We will get him surprised with our antics" Mukti laughed followed by others. Whom are they talking about?

Nandini chuckled and turned to get shocked. She widened her eyes looking at me. I raised my eyebrows while she gave a nervous smile.

"And we..." Navya was about to say when Nandini cleared her throat. "Ma..Manik is here" she chuckled nervously while everyone turned towards me with wide eyes.

"Is..there anything wrong?" I asked frowning. "Umm...who...who are we to decide that? All decisions will be taken by you right?" Abhi mocked making me roll my eyes. He is never going to stop taunting me.

"True" Nandini shrugged making me look at her. "I..I...thought we were okay and...we..are...." I looked at her anxiously before she cut me off.

"Ohh yes! We are surely friends now. I remember. But I don't know about others" she gave me a pity smile before going inside the house.

I looked at the others who immediately looked away trying to act busy. Elders were reading the newspaper while my friends were having some unnecessary discussion.

I slowly went near them while they still ignored me. "I know I did hurt you all, especially uncle and aunty..." I was about to continue when Navya and Abhi raised their eyebrows.

"Yeah..yeah..Navya and Abhi too. But it all has a reason. Trust me it's right for me and Nandini...to end this here. We both are okay and friends now. I hope you all also forgive me" I looked at everyone with guilt.

They exchanged looks and stood up making me smile. I know they are going to give me a hug and forgive me.

"Apology not accepted"