Chapter 47

NANDINI'S POV

"Ma..Manik...woh...I.." my mind isn't working and I don't know what's happening around me. It has been 15min since Manik started driving and I was trying to talk but nothing was coming out of my mouth.

Manik was too worried to notice it. I wanted to ask who was on the call and what did they say. But I was blank and my mind was still.

"I...you..told..you... you love...." I mumbled though Manik was not able to hear. "I..me..I..am.." I fidgeted with my fingers and turned towards Manik.

He was worriedly looking into his phone and then the road without listening to my talks. "Man!! Why isn't she lifting my phone?" he rubbed his forehead. But I was too occupied with my thoughts.

"Lov...LoveGuru...is..actually..." I was going to continue when the car halted suddenly. I looked at Manik to see him looking at me weirdly. He opened his seatbelt and sighed. "Nandini, what are you mumbling? And yeah just come out fast" he said and got down the car.

I just stared at the empty driver's seat and dint knew how to explain to Manik. Suddenly my side of the door opened and I turned to see Manik glaring at me. "What? Why aren't you getting down?" he frowned pulling me out of the car.

I looked ahead to see we are at Malhotra Mansion. He pulled me in worriedly and I just followed. "What happened?" Manik yelled looking at Dhruv who was casually sitting in the garden. "What happened?" Dhruv shrugged.

Manik ran inside with me following him silently. "Mukti?" he called and she immediately stood up from the couch in the living room. Everyone were sitting there and started laughing looking at us.

"What? You said emergency and you got hurt?" Manik frowned looking at Mukti. "That was to bring you guys home soon" aunty winked.

"Nandini, why did you let Manik go out? He has just got discharged today right?" Mom crossed her hands. I just stared at Manik and everyone turned towards me waiting for my answer. Manik also turned towards me and frowned.

"What happened Nandu?" Nyo aunty and Mom came near me. "Why do you look soo lost?" Navya asked and I kept looking at Manik.

"Nandini, kya hua?" Manik asked. "Ma...Manik..I..am..woh.." I was going to say when Mom touched my forehead.

"She is having fever" Mom gasped and I looked at her blankly. "What?" Bhai came near us and checked my temperature. "Ohh yeah!! Chalo let's go home so you can rest" Bhai said and I shook my head looking at Manik.

"She will stay here and take rest. Please" Manik said catching my hand. "Yeah Ishu! I'll call the doctor here" aunty said and Mom nodded.

"Navya take her to the room. And Mukti please boil the water" aunty said and they nodded. "Chalo" Navya came near me and I looked at Manik who was looking at me.

"Manik..I.." before I could complete Mom interrupted. "You can talk later Nandini. Go and take rest" she said and Navya started taking me to the room.

I felt a tug on my wrist and turned back to see Manik catching it. Everyone already dispersed leaving me, Manik and Navya. "Take care.." he said and cupped my cheeks.

"Manik.." I stopped when I felt his lips on my forehead. I closed my eyes in peace and a small smile appeared on my face. He pulled apart and smiled at me. "Go"  he said gesturing towards the room.

"You?" I asked. "I'll come..you go" he smiled and I nodded.

"Ahem!!" Navya coughed and I looked at her who was giving a teasing look. "Chale?" she asked and I nodded before looking at Manik.