Chapter 12

NANDINI's POV

"So, what now?" Manik asked. "I don't know" I said leaning back.

"This party is no fun yaar" Maink said and I nodded. "You came alone?" I asked him. "No, Mom and Dad are also here" he replied.

Just then an elderly man came near us. "Hello Manik" he greeted Manik.

"Oh hello Mr.Kapoor" Manik greeted back. They were talking about some business stuff and I stood there awkwardly.

"Who is this beautiful lady?" he asked looking at me. "Ohh she is..." Manik looked at me. Even I looked at him as how will he introduce me.

"She is Mr.Murthy's daughter, Nandini Murthy" Manik introduced. It's the first time he called me by my name. I looked at both of them and smiled.

"Ohh Mr.Murthy's daughter? Glad to meet you young lady" Mr.Kapoor forwarded his hand and I shook it. Someone called him and he left.

"Who is he? He knows Dad?" I asked Manik. "C'mon, don't tell me you don't know him" Manik asked surprised and I shook my head.

"It's his sons reception only. How did you come without knowing whose reception it is?" Manik laughed at me and I looked down with embarrassment.

"How will I know? Dad dint introduce him till now" I said looking here and there and he laughed more.

Music started playing and the host requested all the couple's to come and join the dance. Many of them went to the stage and started the couple dance. We were watching them while having juice.

"Hey Nandini" Vijay came from back and I rolled my eyes. I gave him a fake smile while Manik was smirking.

"Shall we dance?" Vijay asked forwarding his hand.

"No Vijay, I am tired" I replied him. "Just one dance, please?" he asked again.

" I am really tired. And I don't know have to dance" I replied innocently while Manik burst out laughing.

"Yaaa... she is a .....very bad dancer" Manik said between his laughs as he knows that I was lying.

"It's okay, I'll help you" he said again.

"Arrre bhaisaab, I don't want to dance" I shouted at him, gaining attention of few people near us.

I gave them a apologetic smile and they continued with their work.

"Bhaisaab?" Vijay asked horrified and I rolled my eyes.

"Dekho, if you won't leave me alone right now then I will make sure that I will come to your house and tie you Rakhi on the next Rakshabandhan" I said gritting my teeth and he went away getting scared.

I sighed and turned towards Manik to see him still laughing. "Kya hai? Why are you laughing so much?" I asked Manik irritatingly.

"You are impossible. Uska fuse uda diya thumne tho" he said. I glared at him but eventually started laughing with him.

After our laughing session was completed, Manik turned towards me. "Shall we?" he asked forwarding his hand.

I looked at his hands and then at him. "We both are bored. So, why don't we go and join the stage" he said shrugging.

I smiled and was going to forward my hand but realisation hit me. I looked at Manik and excused myself while he stood there confused.

I looked around and found Mom talking to someone. I went near Mom and took her to a corner.

"Kya hua?" Mom asked me with concern. "Woh...Maa... actually I...." I stammered and Mom raised her eyes. "I want to go and dance" I said closing my eyes. I opened slowly and saw Mom smiling at me.