The Eternal Pact

"Hey Beckett," Castle greeted happily as he sat down next to Kate in the precinct.

"Hey Castle, you're in a good mood," said Beckett, looking up at him.

"Well, you know, stuff happens and... yeah," he stuttered.

"You're hiding something," she said plainly.

"What? No," he said in his best lying tone, which unfortunately, couldn't fool Beckett.

"You're hiding something from me Richard Castle," she said, squinting her eyes, "And I am going to find out what."

"So," he said in a louder voice, changing the subject, "How's my little one doing?"

"Good," Beckett answered, "Morning sickness subsided, I'm showing. The only down side is that I'm not allowed to go out on the field or into interrogations."

"Oh, that has got to suck," Castle answered, "Well, at least you can be safe with the company of... paperwork."

"Don't even go there," she said and continued typing on her computer.

~~~

Castle kept putting his hands into his jacket pocket all day long. And inside that jacket pocket holds a great piece of the Castle family's future. Inside the pocket there's a box, and inside that box, there's a ring.

"Ready to go, Castle? The girls just ordered takeout and they're waiting," Beckett said as she picked up her jacket.

"Just one question before we leave," he said and Beckett turned to him.

"Go ahead, I want to eat," she said hurriedly.

"Kate, remember that promise ring I gave you in high school?"

"Yeah..." Beckett approached this slowly, not knowing what to say.

"Do you think it's time we get our rings renewed?"

"What are you implying?"

Castle got down on one knee and took out the box in his jacket pocket, Beckett gasped and suddenly started tearing up.

"I love you too much that I couldn't describe how much I love you. So I don't want to make this into one long speech, but Katherine Houghton Beckett, will you marry me?"

"Yes! A thousand times yes!"

The precinct started applauding and Castle slipped the ring onto Beckett's ring finger.

The light reflection of the giant diamond ring gleamed through Beckett's misty eyes and it was all a blur to her until they reached home.

"Hey Mom, hey Dad," Brooklyn said cheerfully as she looked up from her phone, "Why does Mom look so happy?"

"Cuz I'm getting married!" Kate squealed.

"About time!" Brooklyn said as a huge smile erupted on her face.

"Oh my god!" Alexis squealed and ran towards Beckett, "Can I be bridesmaid? Please Mum, please!"

"Of course you can Lex, what about you Brooklyn?"

"Yeah sure! No problem," she said shortly and went back to texting.

"Babe, I gotta call Lanie and tell her, can you put Karen to bed tonight?"

"Sure," Castle said and Beckett went into her room, "Girls, do you know what Kate is planning to do?"

"What? What else can she achieve? She aced everything life throws at her," Brooklyn said.

"She is planning to take the captain's exam and if she aces it then she is going to replace Captain Montgomery when he retires."

"Mum's going to run for captain? This is splendid!" Alexis squealed.

"Mom is going to pass this for sure. I can't wait till she becomes captain! I can technically get Uncle Javi and Uncle Kevin to babysit Karen and the new baby so I can go out with Brayden!" Brooklyn said excitedly.

"See you've told them about the captain's exam," Beckett smiled at the doorway.

"I'm so excited for you!" the girls pounced on their mother and gave her a huge hug.

"I'm so proud of you," Castle smiled and joined in the hug.

Just then, the baby monitor wailed with Karen's cries.

"You get her!" Brooklyn and Alexis yelled and ran up to their rooms.

Castle and Beckett chuckled as they walked upstairs to Karen's room, hand in hand.

~~~

Author's Note: I have been writing this short chapter for two weeks and I finally finished it! Well this doesn't mean I'm updating often, it's just a chapter celebrating every good thing I have been through, this story is still on hold. I know I have been kind of going overboard lately and writing Beckett out of her original character and I am going to try to put this back on track soon, so sorry for that.

I absolutely loved the season finale! No cliffhangers! 151 episodes of this show and I still can't get enough, but I also wanted to see Sarah Grace. The ending to the episode was really well written and sadly I have to wait for an entire summer for it to come back out again. By the time season eight comes out I will be in ninth grade and my life would have become a whole lot more difficult.