We'll Meet Again

Beckett really wanted to meet Alexis, Brooklyn couldn't stop talking about her, so when Castle invited Brooklyn to dinner at the loft, Beckett decided to tag along. Castle couldn't wait to meet Brooklyn's mother, it would be his first fan meeting in the US.

Beckett didn't know Alexis's father was Castle, Brooklyn decided to surprise her mom, so she stole her mom's copy of Flowers For Your Grave so Castle can sign it later.

Castle also didn't know Brooklyn's mother is Beckett, he had that thought once but decided it wouldn't be possible. He always thought Beckett was a lawyer, not a cop.

Alexis and Brooklyn were thrilled, sure, their ages were five years apart, but Alexis's maturity had brought them so close.

"When is Brooklyn coming?" Alexis whined for the third time.

"Any minute now pumpkin," Castle answered.

Just then the doorbell rang.

Alexis hopped to the door and opened it.

"Brooklyn!"

"Hey Alexis!" the girls hugged and pulled apart.

"Alexis this is my mom, Detective Kate Beckett."

Kate Beckett? Castle thought.

"Hi Alexis," Beckett stuck out her hand.

"Hello Detective Beckett," Alexis shook Beckett's hand.

"Just call me Kate sweetie."

Brooklyn and Beckett entered the loft.

"Wow... it's really nice," Brooklyn said.

"Kate!" Castle said.

Beckett's head turned and saw the boy who broke his promise fourteen years ago.

"Rick?"

"Kate, it has been so long!" Castle said as he walked up to Kate.

"Oh Brooklyn dear!" Martha said as she waltzed down the stairs, "Oh and hello Kate! Wait, Kate?"

"Martha!"

"Oh Kate it has been too long!" Martha said.

Brooklyn and Alexis were shocked, they didn't know what the hell was going on.

"Mom, you know Alexis's dad?"

"Dad, how do you know Brooklyn's mom?"

"Anyway, um, let's talk about this later," Beckett tried to avoid the subject.

"Well, dinner's ready."

---------------------------------------

"So, Alexis, I hear that you really enjoy school," Beckett said.

"I love it. I really like studying and school," Alexis beamed.

"Brooklyn hates it, she can learn a lot from you Alexis," Beckett joked.

"Brooklyn, where do you go to school?" Castle asked.

"Marlowe Prep, I think it restricts me too much though, I don't like wearing uniforms to school."

"No way! I'm going Marlowe Prep too!" Alexis said, "Brooklyn, can you stay for a sleepover?"

"I would love to! Mom can I?"

"Er... Brooklyn, I don't know..."

"Pleeeeease!" Alexis and Brooklyn begged in sync.

Come on Kate! Rick is her father and Alexis is her sister after all!

"Okay fine, but you're still coming to the precinct tomorrow right?"

"Yup, just pick me up tomorrow Mom."

"Sure," Beckett said.

"Wow Katherine, I'm impressed. Youngest female to ever make detective and you have the highest closure rate in the department," Martha said.

"Brooklyn has been leaking them out hasn't she?" Beckett gave her daughter the look.

"Your welcome."

Dinner went on smoothly, but both Beckett and Castle believed it was a dream that they were seeing each other again.

After the girls got to bed Castle and Beckett decided to talk.

"Kate, it has been too long."

"Why didn't you show up?" Beckett got straight to the point.

"I had a new book being published and I couldn't make it back."

"I see, where's Alexis's mother? I thought she was supposed to be here."

"Divorced. What about you? Boyfriend? Husband?"

"Nope, all I do is focusing on work and Brooklyn."

Castle didn't dare ask who is Brooklyn's father, he knew Beckett is sensitive to that subject.

"Why a cop? I thought you became a lawyer."

"Mom died when I was 19, it just changed me."

"I'm sorry, Johanna was a very nice lady," Castle gave his condolences.

"Best Mom ever, she was murdered, in an alley. We never caught the person responsible."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine, what's done is done anyway."

"So you're not mad for not showing up?"

"You kidding Richard Castle? You broke the promise that kept me waiting for four years! You can't just expect me to forgive you!"

"Kate..."

"Castle, I'm outta here. I enjoyed dinner but I have work tomorrow, I'll have my partners pick Brooklyn up tomorrow," Kate said as she stood up and got her coat.

"Kate..."

"Goodbye Castle," Beckett said as she got out of the apartment and closed it lightly behind her.