Fight

Kate, Josh and Brooklyn started dinner, they had Chinese takeout, it is Kate and Brooklyn's favorite food of all time.

"So... how was your day?"

"We went to the mall and the precinct, not much, it was kinda boring, you wouldn't wanna hear about that."

"Aw come on Brooke, I wanted to know about your day," Kate said.

"I don't wanna talk about it," she said.

"We went to the mall and the precinct," Josh said.

"What did you do at the mall?" asked Kate.

"Not much, just the arcade and the bookstore, then we went to the precinct."

"The boys are really cool, I like hanging out with them," Josh said.

"It doesn't mean that they like you," Brooklyn said without thinking.

"Brooklyn!" Kate said in surprise.

"I'm sorry did I say something wrong?" Brooklyn asked, faking her innocence.

"Brooklyn, apologize to Josh, now," Kate warned.

"Fine, I'm sorry Josh, I'm sorry that you have to end up with my mom and me, I'm sorry I am such a huge burden you have to put up with," Brooklyn said and slammed down her chopsticks and went into her room.

"Brooklyn Courtney Beckett, you come out of there right now!" Kate said and walked up to Brooklyn's room.

"It's Brooklyn Courtney Beckett-Castle!" Brooklyn yelled and slammed the door.

Kate ran her fingers through her hair and faced Josh.

"I'm sorry Josh, Brooklyn just isn't in her right head," Kate said.

"It's okay Kate, I get how you feel, and I know how Brooklyn feels."

"No, it was rude of her, she shouldn't have said that," Kate said and sat down on the couch.

Josh joined her on the couch, "I have a stepmother, she tried to make me feel like I am her son but I just didn't like her, I was mean to her and everything, but she put up with me, and I am going to put up with Brooklyn."

"Really?"

"Yeah, so don't be ashamed of Brooklyn's behavior, it's a normal reaction for some kids who are really attatched to both their parents but are split."

"That's why I love you Josh," Kate said and kissed him.

-----------------------------

Brooklyn was pissed in her room, she laid down on the bed and was on the phone with her dad.

"I think you should apologize to Josh Brooklyn," Castle said.

"What? No! Dad I know you love Mom and I know Mom does too, Josh is in the way!  What am I supposed to be sorry for? That Josh is with Mom?"

"Brooklyn I know this is hard, your mom dating another man, but you have been really mean to Josh Brooke, apologize to him," Castle said.

"Fine, I will, bye, love you Dad," Brooklyn said and hung up.

Brooklyn took a deep breath and opened the door, she saw Josh and her mom sitting on the couch, making out.

"Ahem," she cleared her throat.

Josh and Kate quickly pulled apart and looked at Brooklyn.

"Look, Josh, I am sorry about what I said, I was not in my right mind."