Teenage Love Troubles

Brooklyn ate breakfast quickly the next morning and went to the beach again, she could hear he waves crashing against the rocks and it gave her a sense of peace. To be honest, she kind of wanted to see Brayden again. Sometimes you just can't let go, even if that person hurt you a lot. (No wonder she's called Beckett Junior)

"I'd never thought you would come here again," Brayden said, coming out of the bushes and met Brooklyn face to face.

"You were spying on me?" Brooklyn asked.

"Sort of, yeah," he admitted.

"It's not a crime to come down to the beach."

"I know... I just wanted to tell you that everything I ever said was true, Georgia did threaten me and I did it to protect you Brooke."

"Brayden I didn't need protection, I needed someone who can be truthful to me," Brooklyn was starting to show her true feelings.

"Georgia was gonna destroy you!"

"I can kick her ass whenever I wanted to, but... we have only been dating for a couple months and then this..."

"Trust me Brooklyn, I still love you, I really do. But if you don't want me to bother you, I'm okay with it. But remember that I'll always love you Brooklyn, and I'll wait for you."

Brooklyn nodded and wiped away a tear.

"Maybe one day I can put this behind me," Brooklyn said.

"Maybe we can, we can start over, do everything over again."

"Give me some time Bray, I need it."

"Sure, I'll see you at school?"

"I'll see you at school."

~~~

"Brooklyn! Where were you?" Kate came over as Brooklyn came into the house.

"The beach," Brooklyn muttered, head down.

"Why were you at the beach?"

"For a walk."

"Hon don't scare us like that again! You left without a word!"

"Sorry Mom... you know, just taking a tour of the beach!" Brooklyn joked sarcastically.

"Honey why won't you look at me?"

"I'm fine Mom!" Brooklyn said and ran up to her room.

It was not like Brooklyn, she was usually full of confidence and bubbly, now she's acting all mysterious and stuff.

"Is she okay?" Kate asked Alexis and Castle.

"I don't know if it has anything to do with Brayden..." Alexis said.

"They broke up weeks ago! Brooklyn was over Brayden!"

"Brayden lives next door, like here, in the Hamptons. We ran into him in the beach yesterday and I don't know if Brooklyn fell in love with him again or what..."

"There is no way Brayden is luring her back in! I'm having some serious talk with Brayden Taylor next door," Castle said furiously and tried to get up but Alexis held him back down.

"Dad, way over the top here," she said.

"Brayden Taylor is now considered a threat to Brooklyn, we can't let him go near her!" Castle protested.

"Calm down Castle! You're not scaring Brayden with ghost stories or anything! I know you are doing this in an attempt to protect Brooke, but she's fourteen, she can manage this on her own," Kate said firmly.

"Fine," Castle said stubbornly, "I'll just peek inside his window and make ghostly wails and stuff if he goes near her again."

"You're not doing that either Castle."

"Dad, only time will tell how Brooklyn is going to solve this, you have to give sis some time. I'm not denying the existence of Brayden's betrayal here but I think Brooklyn is mature enough to make decisions of her own," Alexis said.

"I'll go talk to her about it," Kate said and turned to the staircase, but turned back to face Castle, "Don't do anything stupid Castle, Alexis, make sure he doesn't go next door and threaten and punch Brayden Taylor in the face."

~~~

Brooklyn was glued to the computer on her bed, but she was not wasting her time on Facebook chat rooms, she was going over all the pictures when she and Brayden were having fun together.

Someone knocked on her door and she quickly shut her laptop shut.

"Come in!"

Kate stepped into the room and saw her daughter looking miserable.

"Aren't you gonna go for a swim or a day on the beach?" Kate asked.

"Nah, I don't feel like going out," Brooklyn said.

"You know, your dad is crazy enough to plan to buy a yacht so we could go out to the sea for a day sometime," Kate chuckled.

"It better not be, I don't really fancy going out to the sea," Brooklyn said, clearly not in her own mind.

"I know what's bothering you hon," Kate said and sat next to her daughter.

"Did Alexis tell you?"

"Yeah, your dad threatened to go next door and punch Brayden when Alexis told us."

"I feel like I let you all down, I am supposed to be a good girl and now I just... didn't listen and got myself into this mess... I feel like the whole relationship is just like a practical joke he played on me, now he even has excuses on why he made out with Georgia and wants to get back together with me."

"You didn't let me down hon," Kate said but caught Brooklyn's suspecting eye, "Okay, maybe a little. But you are nicknamed Beckett Junior for a reason, and I think that means that you are that rebellious, fun, challenging kid that we all love. Where is that kid now huh?"

"I'm always here Mom, I never left," Brooklyn said in a dull tone.

"Where is that kid who loved joking around? Where is that kid who stunned Josh in the precinct? Where is that kid who can keep smiling for three hours straight? I feel like I lost you Brooke, the old you, the Brooklyn Castle before the Brayden mess ever happened."

"I'm not bothered by it Mom."

"But I am! And so is your dad, Espo, Ryan, Lanie, Montgomery and all those adults who care about you. I know you are pretending that you are fine around Alexis because you didn't want an eight year old worrying about your love life, but we can all see the change in you."

Brooklyn took a deep breath, "I don't know Mom, maybe I never got over Brayden, maybe it's just an illusion that I am falling in love with him again... I don't know okay? But I don't know if this meeting is destined or just a coincidence, but there is this strange feeling welling up inside of me when I saw him on the beach yesterday."

"You still have unresolved feelings for him, and you are not bothering to see this problem which is right in front of you. It's a big mistake honey, you're only fourteen, and I know it's all new to you but you can't keep on going like this. Fix this, fix this problem with Brayden and you will feel a lot better, I swear," Kate smiled at her daughter.

Brooklyn looked up and gave her mother a small smile, "That's why I love you Mom."

~~~

Author's Note: May suck, because this is a study practice for me for my English midterms, I put some words from my vocab list into this chapter and man, this is exhausting. ANYONE PSYCHED FOR THE WEDDING?! I KNOW I AM! HONEYMOON PLUS WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!