NO!!!!!!!!!!

Three months later the case is solved and everything is back to normal, Kate came back from a date with Josh and Brooklyn was crashed on the couch reading Flowers For Your Grave.

"Hey Brooke, reading Dad's books I see," Kate said and sat down next to her daughter.

"Dad is a great writer," she said, looking up at her mom.

"He is, and a great father. You two seem really close."

"Yeah, best dad ever, I wish I had more siblings though."

"What about half siblings?"

"Mom? Are you pregnant?"

"No, but we'll see."

Brooklyn looked down at the couch and saw her mother has a ring on her left ring finger.

"Mom! No way!" Brooklyn said and took her mother's left hand and examined the ring.

"Josh proposed!" Kate squealed.

"Mom you knew the guy like a couple months ago!"

"I am in my thirties Brooke, I don't have much time left."

"When's the wedding?" Brooklyn feared that this would happen, her mother marrying the guy she didn't even love.

"In a year, we have to compromise our schedules, will you be bridesmaid Brooke?"

Brooklyn didn't want to, but she wanted to make her mom happy.

"Fine, I'll do it."

"Thanks Brooke!" Kate squealed and hugged Brooklyn.

"Who are the other bridesmaids?"

"Jenny, Ryan's new girfriend remember?"

"You barely know her."

"No we know each other pretty well, we hung out a couple times with Lanie. Anyway, Lanie is going to be maid of honor, I was thinking maybe Alexis can be bridesmaid too. You know I don't have much female friends so I am thinking maybe Hastings, Karpowski..."

"Karpowski? Are you kidding me?! She hates wearing dresses! Try sticking her in a bridesmaid dress and see if she will shoot you or the dress!" Brooklyn bursted out laughing.

"You're right, technically I only have Lanie as my female friend, and I either spend time with the boys or the captain."

"The boys as bridesmaids!" Brooklyn laughed loudly.

Kate laughed along with her daughter.

"Well then maybe just Lanie as maid of honor then you, Alexis and Hastings as bridesmaids."

"Okay," Brooklyn said sadly, knowing that the chance would be one in a million that her parents would get back together.

"Love you Brooklyn!" Kate kissed her daughter's hair and hopped off to her room.

Brooklyn picked up her phone and dialled her dad.

"Dad you wouldn't believe what just happened," Brooklyn said worriedly.

"Hey Brooke, what's wrong?"

"Mom's getting married!" Brooklyn screamed into the phone.

"To Josh?"

"Yeah! It's too late Dad! Mom is marrying Josh!" Brooklyn wailed into the phone.

"When... when's the wedding?"

"In a year, no exact date confirmed."

"I'm sorry Brooke, but it's really too late to do anything," Castle said.

"I'm sorry too, so am I going to get stepmother number three?" Brooklyn asked.

"Not for a very long time," Castle replied sadly.

"You still love Mom don't you?"

"Always."

"She loves you too, she's just too chicken to admit it and buried her head into her relationship with Josh," Brooklyn said.

"Do you want to sabotage it?"

"Yeah, I always wanted to do that."

"Your mom is happy though Brooke."

"Who's side are you on?"

"Yours of course, I don't want to lose my high school sweetheart to Doctor Motorcycle Boy!"

"I love that name Dad!"

"That's my girl, now let's call him that in secret okay? Alexis included."

"I promise, are we going to tell Mom that?"

"Nah, she pretty much disapproves of everything."

"Good point, Mom's coming out soon, see you around Dad?"

"See ya baby girl."

Brooklyn hung up and acted innocent as her mother came out to the living room.

"Seems like I don't have to tell your dad about the engagement."

"Yeah, though I would have left you to tell him, see his reaction you know?" Brooklyn joked.

"You're crazy Brooke, you know we both moved on."

"He didn't, he just told me that it would be a very long time before I can possibly get a stepmother number three."

"Er... Brooke I am getting tired, I'm gonna go and sleep," Kate said awkwardly and entered her room.

Brooklyn sighed and played on her phone while blasting Back Out On The Road Again by Holy Shemp.