You Are So In Trouble

Castle did a web search on Beckett and found her address, he drove to her house and hesitated a while before getting out of the car.

The elevator ride up to her apartment is painfully slow, he couldn't wait to see Beckett and Brooklyn again, though he might receive a couple of spanks from Beckett, he would go for any lengths for his daughter and the woman he loves.

He knocked on the door, he can hear giggling inside, but when the door opened, Beckett's smile faded immediately.

"What part of 'stay away' don't you understand Castle?"

"Mom? Who is it?" Brooklyn asked, still laughing, when she saw Castle her smile faded.

"Oh, it's you," she said.

"Brooklyn, Kate, why can't you just forgive and forget?" Castle was begging for forgiveness.

"You wanna know why? Because you left us hanging for four years then you just never came back!"

"I'm sorry Kate! Please? I don't mind if we are not together, please just let me be there for Brooklyn."

"I'm fine Mr Castle, I have Mom, Uncle Esposito and Ryan, Aunt Lanie and Captain Montgomery, I have all the fatherly figures I need," Brooklyn said and crossed her arms.

"Brooklyn please..."

"It's Mom's call."

"Brooke, what's the time now?"

"Six thirty, we left early remember?"

"The boys are still here, so is Montgomery, Brooklyn, go get my cuffs, gun and badge, and get our bags," Beckett said and turned to Castle, "Richard Castle, you are under arrest for stalking and disturbance."

"What? Kate come on."

"It's Detective Beckett to you Mr Castle," Beckett held Castle's hands back and Brooklyn handed her the cuffs, she cuffed him.

"Are we going back to the precinct?" Brooklyn asked.

"Yup, and look who's going to stay in holding for the night?"

"No doubt, it's me isn't it? Detective Beckett."

"Good guess Mr Castle, let's move."

---------------------------------

Beckett dragged Castle into the precinct with Brooklyn following behind.

Beckett handed Castle to an officer to put him in interrogation while she walked to the boys and the captain, who are huddled around Esposito's desk.

"I'm sorry guys, but I might need a holding cell for one night."

"What's going on Beckett?"

"Castle came back especially after I told him to stay away, so I arrested him."

"Beckett do you need me to take this interrogation?" Montgomery asked.

"I think I can manage myself but thanks anyway," Beckett said and went into interrogation.

"Let's watch from observation!" Esposito said and the four made their way to observation.

-----------------------------------------

"Castle, I don't know if you are hearing impaired or what but I just told you to stay away! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Kate I love you and I want you, I want to be in Brooklyn's life, why can't you understand me?"

"Why can't you understand me? I don't want you back Castle! You lost your chance! So just leave me alone!"

"Mom's getting emotional!" Brooklyn said behind the mirror.

"Kate please? What about the promise you made too?"

"Which one?"

"The one where you said you were gonna wait for me?"

"Oh please Castle! You never lived up to your end of the deal so why should I live up to mine?!"

"Kate!"

"Rick! It's over, I'm giving you two choices, you either go into holding or go home and never come back, okay?"

"I'll go home," Castle muttered.

"Good, Brooke! Come on! We're going home!" Beckett said and got out of the room.

The boys stayed behind to deal with Castle and Beckett and Brooklyn drove home, Brooklyn never saw her mom so emotional before, Beckett was that badass type, she would stand up to her family but Brooklyn never knew how much it affected her.

"Mom? You okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

But Brooklyn didn't miss Beckett wiping a tear away.

"Mom? Do you still love Dad?"

Beckett stopped the car on the sidewalk, she was crying now, Brooklyn took out some tissues and handed it to her mother.

"I'm sorry Mom."

"It's okay Brooke... It's just... I still love Rick Brooke..."

"Why did you reject him?"

"I don't want him hurting us! And it has always just been you and me, it can affect you if I started dating Castle again... There are just too many problems with our relationship Brooklyn!"

"Mom! I won't care! I already love Alexis like my little sister and I won't mind having my dad with me again!"

"It's really complicated Brooke, I think it would be best for all of us if we continue living our lives like we do now, let's just go home," Beckett said as she started the car again.

When the Becketts reached home Brooklyn didn't want to eat anymore, so they went to bed very early.

-----------------------------------------

Castle got home and took off his coat, Alexis approached him immediately and asked him about the trip.

"Well, Kate arrested me and threatened to arrest me again if I go near them again, I guess, it's... over."

"Dad? You're just gonna give up like that?"

"Alexis there is nothing I could do!"

"You still have me and Brooklyn as friends."

"That could be my only hope, but I think... if Kate thinks we are over, then I respect her decision, you can be friends with Brooklyn, but Kate and I are over."

"I really liked Kate Dad."

"Me too, come here pumpkin," Castle said and Alexis got wrapped into her father's hug.

"I love you Daddy."

"I love you too Alexis."